Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #21
arichert
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Singles Moms Support?

Would definitely benefit from such a thread...especially as my son gets older!

Advertisement

arichert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 02:55 PM   #22
tracyleigh00
Registered Users
seller

I agree we need a separate forum for single parenting issues. There are unique issues to single parenting that the answers in the other forums can't always address.
tracyleigh00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:42 PM   #23
KrystleO_1027
Registered Users

Hi ladies. I'm a single mother to a 4 year old awesome boy. His father and I separated when he was 18 months and divorce was final when he was 3. His father and I have joint custody and DS goes to his house (he lives with his parents) when I work, so no daycare thank god.

I recently was pregnant with my boyfriend at the time but lost the baby. Then he left me, so we have been a huge mess lately!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:09 AM   #24
MommaC_phx
Registered Users
seller

Another single mom here ...
MommaC_phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:51 PM   #25
kirst
Registered Users
seller

I'm a single mom, too. Happily divorced for 6 years now. My exhusband is not my son's father.... So no joint custody hassles but also no child support or help as i have no family here, in my ex's hometown... but I do have a teaching job here ( so I stay). I am a choice mom, and got pregnant on attempt #5 at the local fertility clinic and am really very happy being a mom, even if this is not at all how I had planned it. I dated a lot in the years after my divorce, and had hoped to find someone to be a good father to my son, but.... It just didn't happen. Anyhow, there are good things about being a single parent, even if it is lonely sometimes and stressful for childcare... I currently have a dcp that likes to leave signs on her door saying she'll be taking two days off next week. This is like the third time she's done this since I started him in daycare in April.
Ughh..... So now I am scrambling to find childcare for next Thurs and Friday. I'm leaving this dayhome at the end of this month... So stressful. I think it takes another single parent to really understand how stressful that is.
I try go congratulate myself as often as i can on what i am doing right. Like last night I got a flat tire on the way home at 9:00 pm in the rain, with my son in the car, and I managed to get it changed and got us home safely and him in bed by 10:30 ( sort of late, but hey). Anyhow, thanks for listening. I could use that piece of pie mentioned in the second or third post, now. LOL.

Last edited by kirst; 06-03-2013 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Not sure why parts of my post became links? Don't click them!
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #26
Delphiki
Registered Users
seller

I'm a single mother as well. I've never been partnered and I think it's easier making all the decisions on my own. The finances... well, we don't need to go there
Delphiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #27
Bubblyboo
Registered Users

Hi! I'm a newly single mom, as of a month ago, with a 22 month old. It would be nice to have some forums around. I never would have thought I'd be a single mom, especially at my age, but people change and sometimes lie and it's best to move on, rather than be in a relationship and be treated badly.
Bubblyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:25 AM   #28
Beaners_Mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblyboo
but people change and sometimes lie and it's best to move on, rather than be in a relationship and be treated badly.
Ain't that the truth!
Old 07-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #29
laur318
Registered Users
seller

Single mama here!

Proud to be one!
Hello mamas
Motherhood is the most important profession in the world.
laur318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:21 PM   #30
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife2002 View Post
I'm a single mom of a 5.5 yr old. his dad and I separated just before he was 1, and divorced a couple of days before he turned 2. His dad is in the Army, so he doesnt get to see him a ton (he got stationed in Hawaii in Nov, ds and I are in TX).

I work full time, and go to school. Was full time, but I had to drop my classes this semester, because my mom totaled my car. She lives with us, and sometimes is a great help, but she is a horrible alcoholic, and often is more trouble than she is worth (and I hate saying that about my mom )
Can I come help you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackie3 View Post
Im 24 and a single mom to a five yr old girl, 4 yr old girl & 8 week old boy. And I honestly think it's sometimes easier being single because when you have your SO, your expect them to help out & most of the time they dont, so it's just frustrating and causes problems. Being single, you don't have expectations of anyone but yourself.
Signed:
HAPPILY DIVORCED & SINGLE
So true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblyboo View Post
Hi! I'm a newly single mom, as of a month ago, with a 22 month old. It would be nice to have some forums around. I never would have thought I'd be a single mom, especially at my age, but people change and sometimes lie and it's best to move on, rather than be in a relationship and be treated badly.
Agreed to people change.

Not trying to spam but looking for support. As one other poster mentioned not single but sure feel like it 90 percent or more of the time or we are at each other...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie.sattler View Post
wow thanks for starting this. im in a funny spot. im not a single parent, but 90% of the time my husband is at work or school while im at home with our son. it is a very interesting life we live... thanks for sharing your stories.
.usually me at him as he is gripping & harping on little crap that doesnt matter or like kids are doing making time when he isnt around really nice & no one really seems to miss spouse.... many different things. just trying to find support & Im a stay at home parent so feeling very lost at what to do & where to go. I havent had a job that wasnt temp (3mo long).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingtosee View Post
Since this is kind of a chat thread, I'll ask you ladies about this. How on earth do you handle appointments for kids + your schedule? Ds has been sick, so I missed class on Tuesday, & my brother tried to take a morning off work to take him to the Dr tomorrow but got denied, so now I'll have to miss another class. I'm already behind!
Can you try to make appointments for right after class & find someone that could watch kid til then? I tried to do that & had friends I could have watch her in town so not 1hour drive to go get kid at the time. I know my state/ area/ college has emergency care so you could take exam at night or if kid was sick...

I have been a single parent with my oldest (10 year old). I have barely gotten support for her & ex wont work -not spouse yet in case it happens.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using DS Forum

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 04-15-2015 at 08:31 PM.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote