Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #41
Lisamomof7's Avatar
Lisamomof7
Registered Users
Formerly: Lisamomof6
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sandy, OR
Posts: 569
My Mood:
Re: who has had 4+ c-sections?

I have had 6 c/s and will have a 7th in January. My Dr. that has delivered the last 3 checks everything out during the c/s and I ask him to give me his opinion on whether it is safe to have another c/s. Each time he has given us the green light.

Also my recoveries which each c/s have been easier.

Advertisement

__________________
Proud wife to love of my life Dan, Lucky Mom to Nolan & Dylan (identical twins 5/97), Gavin (9/00), Aiden (8/02), Morgan (4/07), Hudson (7/09) & Arwen (8/11), rainbow baby due in April
Happy to be a ing, Babywearing, BFing, wanna be green mama!
ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/Double-Trouble-Deals
I love essential oils & sell them too! http://mydoterra.com/thesweetlife
Lisamomof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #42
daniele_ut
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 262
Re: who has had 4+ c-sections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
May I ask when they knew you had placenta accreta and previa?

Your story (the risks) is what makes me rethink a 5th baby (4th c/s)... it's so nerve-wracking cause you just don't know until you are pregnant what will happen. So glad to hear you are okay now!
Sorry, I didn't meant to leave you without an answer for so long! It was a crazy week here. I was diagnosed with complete placenta previa and suspected accreta at my routine anatomy scan at 1 day shy of 19 weeks. I had a pelvic MRI at 28 weeks that was inconclusive. There was no sign of percreta but they couldn't rule out accreta so we proceeded as though it was in fact accreta. That was the most frustrating part, not really knowing for certain. The c-hyst was definitely the correct choice, though, as pathology confirmed that it was placenta increta.
__________________
Daniele
mama to DD1 (born/died 4/30/03), DS1 (10/15/04), DD2 (2/4/08) and DS2 (12/12/11)
Placenta Increta/C-Hyst survivor
daniele_ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #43
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hawaii
Posts: 9,269
My Mood:
Interesting! I've had 2, and hope for one more child. I did ask my dr how many i can have after the 2nd and he said i heal well so as many as i want. I guess it's good to know
__________________
Wife to DH and mommy to DD (12/07) and DS (2/11)
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:37 PM   #44
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denton, TX
Posts: 3,649
My Mood:
Re: who has had 4+ c-sections?

Just found out we are pregnant! That will mean Csection #6 for me!!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #45
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,275
Re: who has had 4+ c-sections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniele_ut View Post
Sorry, I didn't meant to leave you without an answer for so long! It was a crazy week here. I was diagnosed with complete placenta previa and suspected accreta at my routine anatomy scan at 1 day shy of 19 weeks. I had a pelvic MRI at 28 weeks that was inconclusive. There was no sign of percreta but they couldn't rule out accreta so we proceeded as though it was in fact accreta. That was the most frustrating part, not really knowing for certain. The c-hyst was definitely the correct choice, though, as pathology confirmed that it was placenta increta.
My doc has had to preform 4 hyst on placenta accretas. All 4+ c/s mamas (2 being the 4th one). He said that the first one was when he was young and he didn't do it and get it under control until the mom lost quite a bit of blood and had to have a # of transfusions and it was so scary). Then the other times he was more experienced and knew what he was seeing and there wasn't a blood loss problem. It makes me feel better (his experience), but that doesn't help the pregnancy part! were you scared to even move during pregnancy? How did it work with little ones to care for? Did you all just make it work?
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:00 PM   #46
daniele_ut
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 262
Re: who has had 4+ c-sections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
My doc has had to preform 4 hyst on placenta accretas. All 4+ c/s mamas (2 being the 4th one). He said that the first one was when he was young and he didn't do it and get it under control until the mom lost quite a bit of blood and had to have a # of transfusions and it was so scary). Then the other times he was more experienced and knew what he was seeing and there wasn't a blood loss problem. It makes me feel better (his experience), but that doesn't help the pregnancy part! were you scared to even move during pregnancy? How did it work with little ones to care for? Did you all just make it work?
You definitely want to have an experienced surgeon. I had 4 there for my surgery - 2 OB surgeons, a urologist and a general surgeon standing by.

I won't lie, my pregnancy was very stressful. It was extremely difficult on me emotionally and it was VERY hard on my family, especially dh. I was a wreck from diagnosis until delivery. Thankfully I was working from a home office so I continued to work until about 3 weeks before I delivered. We had to hire someone to help with the housework and laundry. My kids were 3 and 6 so they were pretty self-sufficient but for months after my recovery my then-turned-4 year old would tell me how happy she was that I could pick her up again and carry her. They knew something was up during my pregnancy even though I tried very hard not to convey my fears.
__________________
Daniele
mama to DD1 (born/died 4/30/03), DS1 (10/15/04), DD2 (2/4/08) and DS2 (12/12/11)
Placenta Increta/C-Hyst survivor
daniele_ut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:06 AM   #47
mabelinoad's Avatar
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Roanoke, VA
Posts: 5,890
My Mood:
Re: who has had 4+ c-sections?

I didn't read responses...but I had a successful VBA2C. Birth story is in my siggy. It took several doctors to find someone who was willing to go along with my plan. But for us, it was VERY important...because we wanted many kids and knew that most wanted you to stop at 3 csections. My vba2c friendly doc told me a story of a woman on her 5 csection and he could easily see the baby through her "closed" uterus. Super scary.
__________________
mabelinoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:31 PM   #48
cowangel's Avatar
cowangel
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,190
My Mood:
Re: who has had 4+ c-sections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelinoad View Post
I didn't read responses...but I had a successful VBA2C. Birth story is in my siggy. It took several doctors to find someone who was willing to go along with my plan. But for us, it was VERY important...because we wanted many kids and knew that most wanted you to stop at 3 csections. My vba2c friendly doc told me a story of a woman on her 5 csection and he could easily see the baby through her "closed" uterus. Super scary.
This is called a uterine window...I believe...meaning the doc can see the baby through the thinning of the uterus and doesn't need a knife or anything to cut that section of the uterus or there could even be a small hole there. That being said - it is more common in women with a history or C/S's, but does also happen to mamas who have had multiple pregnancies with vaginal births, just no one knows b/c they aren't opened up and examined. Also, just because you have a uterine window with one pregnancy doesn't mean you will have it with the next (even if it is a multiple C/S case). I had it with my 4th...they will do an U/S at 36 weeks to see what my uterus looks like as far as thinning with my now 5th...also the biggest risk if you do have a uterine window is that you would go into labor and the contractions would cause that area to try to rupture...they can easily check your amniotic fluid levels to show signs of this too . Just FYI what I've learned by asking lots of questions .
__________________
Wife to DH for 8 years...Mom to 5 kiddos
cowangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:03 PM   #49
american_mommy's Avatar
american_mommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada but my heart is in Virginia
Posts: 1,867
My Mood:
Re: who has had 4+ c-sections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowangel View Post
This is called a uterine window...I believe...meaning the doc can see the baby through the thinning of the uterus and doesn't need a knife or anything to cut that section of the uterus or there could even be a small hole there. That being said - it is more common in women with a history or C/S's, but does also happen to mamas who have had multiple pregnancies with vaginal births, just no one knows b/c they aren't opened up and examined. Also, just because you have a uterine window with one pregnancy doesn't mean you will have it with the next (even if it is a multiple C/S case). I had it with my 4th...they will do an U/S at 36 weeks to see what my uterus looks like as far as thinning with my now 5th...also the biggest risk if you do have a uterine window is that you would go into labor and the contractions would cause that area to try to rupture...they can easily check your amniotic fluid levels to show signs of this too . Just FYI what I've learned by asking lots of questions .
So they can tell the health of your uterus through u/s? Just something for me to know if we decide to have a 7th, still working on dh for that
__________________
Tammy, SAHM to 6 little monsters, Hayley(13), Tyleigh(11), Justin(9), Riley(5) & Carter(2),Mason(born jan 16, 2013)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/american_mommy
Check out Mamapedia Sweet Deals here:
http://deals.mamapedia.com/?ref_id=3...ontent=hotmail
american_mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #50
The*Fab*Four's Avatar
The*Fab*Four
Mama behind Jem*Jam Customs!
Formerly: Jem*Jam Customs
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 5,290
My Mood:
Re: who has had 4+ c-sections?

I have enjoyed reading through all the posts. I have 4 children ~ 1st was vaginal followed by 3 elective c-sections due to my odd's birth injury.

I have just started considering #5 ~ so it is very helpful to hear everyone's stories.
__________________
Shaina ~ Wife to Bill {10.03}
StepMama to J {10.94}, J {12.95} and J {6.99}
Mama to
J{4.04}, J{11.05}, J {8.09}, J {3.11}
Sweet Baby Girl J will arrive the week of May 12th {34w} due to a Placenta Percreta.
The*Fab*Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.