Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2007, 07:48 PM   #11
YesIhave4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: need advice about my 6 year old bedwetter

Thank you all so much for your helpful words of wisdom and advice. I too have heard this problem can be hereditary, but neither my husband nor myself had the problem. I actually was told by a nurse at the Ear, Nose , and Throat doctor's office, that my son's enlarged tonsils could be a contributing factor. We already had him scheduled for a tonsillectomy because our pediatrician determined his throat was too obstructed, and this was why he snored so badly. He has been a deep sleeper since birth. So, when she told me this could very well eliminate his bedwetting problem, like it did for her own daughter, I thought "score! killing two birds with one stone"! But no such luck as of yet. He had the surgery July 8th. Well I guess we will consider purchasing some Nap-EZs or ME BWP, I just need to convince Brendan that they aren't cloth diapers like Sebastian wears. He's always worn the disposable kind, so we'll see!
Thanks again all!

Advertisement

Last edited by YesIhave4; 08-25-2007 at 07:49 PM.
YesIhave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 07:53 PM   #12
Thrice Blessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: need advice about my 6 year old bedwetter

When I worked at a summer camp years ago, some of the kids had nose spray that kept them from wetting the bed at night-is this not around anymore?
some kids just develop that part of their brain later.
We really need someone to design better bedwetters for older kids and for kids w/ special needs-that look and feel more like real undies and have the option of snaps, KWIM? I hope you find a solution that works for you, mama
Old 08-26-2007, 11:45 AM   #13
YesIhave4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile Re: need advice about my 6 year old bedwetter

Wow, a nose spray?! That would be so awesome. I totally agree that someone needs to make something better. If only I could sew, I would SO try to make something! Maybe a WAHM on here will see this and offer her services! Hee, hee, hee... I'm going to check e-bay and amazon since it was suggested to me as well.
Thanks again everyone!
Keri
Old 08-26-2007, 01:34 PM   #14
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I have heard it is hereditary which dooms our kids pretty much , hubby was a bed wetter for a long time , and he still does sometimes when he is sick too , I both wet the bed and my pants allot when I was younger too , so put all that together and I just pray to God our kids won't have to deal with it all . It's such a hard thing to grow up with , you feel guilty and embarrassed and it's awful ! I don't know what to tell you though as I can't think of a single thing that would have helped me stop , I think in my case it wasn't so much a physical thing as it was a mental thing , but I do know it can be physical too . Hope you can get something figured out for him and hope he gets over it soon poor guy

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:13 PM   #15
hellyaellen
Registered Users

my dd stopped wetting the bed sometime this year. (she'll be 8 in december) we finally just stopped buying the pullups, got very vigilant about making sure she peed right before bed, and went through an adjustment period where i washed her sheets every day for a couple of weeks...

and then she just stopped. i don't know why. but we're all really glad.
hellyaellen is offline   Reply With Quote