Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2013, 08:14 PM   #11
RedSoxLover
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Clothes

Ds just turned 2. I got pregnant with him in August & he was born in May, so I skipped Summer. I had 2 pair of maternity pants with him, but I was able to wear my regular pants for a long time. Not so much with this one, I'm 12 weeks (date in my siggy is off, I need to change it) today, and my pants are already starting to get tight. I think I'll get some comfy skirts, & a pair or two of maternity shorts.

Advertisement

Old 05-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #12
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

a couple of fleece sleepers. can use some of the summer type clothes to layer up for babies. i have had nothing but winter babies. (we were going to aim for a spring baby next year... whoops!)

fleece pants/jackets with the summer onsies + socks. and baby can be bundled up fine!

i don't know know about you guys. my winter babies live in sleepers till about 5/6 months old. when it's warmer out and can dress them up cuter.
DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #13
cuddlebumz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have an amazing thrift store here that is super cheap, so I have been stalking them for things. Clothes for the baby will be the real issue, because I have the hardest time finding GN things, and we have given away all of our baby clothes from the other kiddos.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Check out ebay. I get lots of clothes from there. Find "lots" that have several items, that is usually the most cost effective. You don't get to pic your items but it usually still works out. Also check out craigslist for similar.

In my area they do consignment "events" so in Aug/Sept someone will setup a warehouse and lots of people will mark and put out their winter wear stuff. I've actually yet to goto one but they sound interesting.

This babe will be about 5-6 weeks earlier than the last. So both winter.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool

Last edited by Pixi6s; 05-30-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:44 PM   #15
lisali
Registered Users

My Mood:

My friend is due this December too and this baby is also her first winter to give birth. We checked out clearance sales a few months ago. Target had some good items that we bought. There are some at Once Upon A Time, Babies R Us and Kohlís. It just depends on your budget.

Last edited by lisali; 10-26-2013 at 06:59 AM.
lisali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #16
one_lucky_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My boys were born in cooler months so I have some boy stuff, but got rid of my baby girl stuff. We thought we were done and then decided not to be, but daughter was opposite season of this one. We don't know sex so I picked up a few girl things on rummages this summer. Otherwise if it is a girl I'm sure she can hang in some boy stuff around the house till I can pick up some more girl things.