Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #1
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Has your baby ever flipped at the end- SO don't want a breech c-section!

So had some contractions about 2 and half weeks ago and went to the hospital (wasn't dialated so they sent me home)but anyways while I was there she checked me and said she thought she didn't feel the head down there and thought I was breech. Anyways she did an ultrasound a few hours later but before she did I literally felt this huge movement like the baby had flipped and sure enough on the US it showed the head was down then. At my appointment this past thursday she checked me and I was only a 1cm but she said she didn't feel the head either and so I had told her about the hospital and US and all that and she asked if I had felt it flip since then and told her no. But then this a.m. i felt like it did flip again (it just feels like this insanely huge movement) and now the baby feels like its in a weird position like its just lating straight across Anyone have their baby flip around a lot like this? I so don't want a breech cause they said it would be an auto c-section if it is. I heard they can flip around more with the more babies you have so didn't know if anyone else experienced this?

Thanks
sorry so long, tried to make as short as possible

Advertisement

Old 05-27-2013, 04:32 PM   #2
karikos
Registered Users
seller

Re: Has your baby ever flipped at the end- SO don't want a breech c-section!

My sister was breech when my mom was in labor and they got her to flip just before she was born. They were just about to take her to do a c-section, too. This was 15 years ago so I'm assuming it's still possible.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:08 PM   #3
sunnyllama
Registered Users
seller

I am so with you on this one, I found out last week that I am breech, almost 37 weeks. I havent felt her flip at all yet though and if she doesnt, I have to have a c section. I have read about many babies turning a day or so before labor begins but sadly, you just never know what they will do
sunnyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Its just concerning me that it seems to be repeatedly doing it so when I do go into labor even if they had just checked me the week bfore or what ever that it could be different by the time I go in to have it. I've heard of babies fliping toward the end but not reapeatedly back and forth like this.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:22 PM   #5
sunnyllama
Registered Users
seller

Well, from what I have read it is "normal" for babies to flip even during labor. It just isnt really tolerated that much by the medical world. The risk of a section is rather concerning at this point, I agree!
sunnyllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #6
Mom2lucy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yes!!! My son went from head down to transverse to breech at my 38 week appointment! I was devastated. I didn't want a c section either obviously. So we scheduled for the hospital to do flip him. Like with their hand on the outside of my belly. Its called an external cephalic version. I was 38.4 at that appointment. I went to the appt and lo and behold he moved the night before. Thank god! But anyway, have they offered to do the version? I would do that before scheduling a c. The biggest risk is baby will go into destress and they'll do a cs right then. But that's really no different than having to schedule one and you might get a head down baby out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Mom2lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #7
sarahintexas
Registered Users
seller

My current wiggly son flipped from breech and back several times. He's *finally* head down and been staying that way since the start of week 37. He's still shifting his body back and forth and twisting at 38 weeks, 3 days. Head is engaged so I don't know how he's moving so much.

Have you seen spinningbabies.com?
sarahintexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:13 PM   #8
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Mine was transverse up until recently (the last couple months or so) and I've never had one in that position either. All of mine have just been head down and stayed there. Trust me if I can talk them into flipping it before going for the c-section I will cause after having 5 successful vag births that is the last thing I want. I'm 38 wks on tuesday so running out of time at this point. Hoping she will do another US on appoint friday and check position. I am SUPER high up still so maybe that's why she can't feel the head yet. IDK This baby has put at a loss know what is going on.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #9
nettepoet
Registered Users
seller

my sis had her breech baby flip at 40 weeks! she took a homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla in either the 30c or 200c potency. it is for optimal positioning, so even if baby isnt breech, it can still help with positioning issues. im planning to take it soon bc my last kiddo was asynclitic and labor/delivery was pretty rough.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettepoet View Post
my sis had her breech baby flip at 40 weeks! she took a homeopathic remedy called pulsatilla in either the 30c or 200c potency. it is for optimal positioning, so even if baby isnt breech, it can still help with positioning issues. im planning to take it soon bc my last kiddo was asynclitic and labor/delivery was pretty rough.
Where do you get that? Natural food store?