Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #131
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by rockstarstateofmind
Hey all my name is Elizabeth & I had my preemie boy at 33 weeks & 3 days. On Valentines day I went into preterm labor & nearly 3 hours later my little man made an early appearance into the world. They took him to the NICU almost immediately, where he spent a little over a month of his life. He was born naturally, with no pain medication used. He weighed 3 lbs 8 oz when he was born and was 17 1/4 inches long.

Here is a picture of him just after birth:

And here is a picture of him in his NICU days:

And here he is now! At 3 months old actual and 1 month corrected:

I am so excited to go on this journey with my Valentines Miracle I can't wait to watch him grow!
I also have a valentines baby 36weeks emergency section.

Mommy to Patrick 05/19/05, Parker 11/20/09 and Paxton Arrived 2/14/13, Penelope 5/29/14

FrozenBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #132
Registered Users
My Mood:
Hi all ! I had my little girl may 9 at 35 weeks 6 days due to pregnancy induced hypertension that could not be controlled. I was on bedrest for 6 weeks prior to her arrival. She was in nicu for a week and is home now and doing great. She is still tiny though lol
Mom to 3 big boys and one tiny princess
txmommytobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #133
Registered Users
Re: Introduce your Preemie(s)!

I have two preemies. My first daughter was born at 35 weeks, 5 days, and stayed in the NICU for 9 days, so that her growth and temp regulation could be observed. She needed an IV for fluids for a couple of days, but was otherwise fine. She was born at 4 lbs 9 oz. She didn't need any breathing help, barely squeaked by w/o jaundice, etc., but was just slow to start growing well.

My second daughter was also a preemie - born just 13 days ago! And she is still in the NICU. I didn't think I would have two preemies, but I was a preemie and my brother came early, in similar circumstances to both my births - preterm premature rupture of membranes. DD2 was born at 33 weeks, 5 days, at 3 lbs 10 oz, so also on the small side. They'd managed to get steriods into me/her, so her lungs and heart have been fine, but they've been really cautious with the feedings. She had an NG tube in for about 9 days until she started ripping it out all the time, and they left it out, since she's handling bottle feedings like a champ. She's just coming off the central line IV and now has a peripheral IV. She's still in an isolette, and hasn't yet started trying breastfeeding. I hope she learns to do it and isn't going to be too used to the ease of bottles. I think we'll be there another week or so. Glad to have found this forum!
mtnlazuli is offline   Reply With Quote