Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-25-2007, 12:13 PM   #1
ocanfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
potty pauses

My little girl has been using the potty consistently for the past 2 months with days where she has no accidents even at naps and days she has only one or two accidents. All of a sudden this week she is refusing to go on the potty. Today she only went twice...the rest she just went in her trainer. Before if she had an accident in her panties, she'd grab herself and say "potty"...but this week she could care less. Is there any way of dealing with this? It's hard not to get frustrated...I'm just trying to keep reminding her where pee pee goes, this is all I can do, right? I know that this can happen alot, but I'm curious to hear how long this had lasted with other moms and their little ones.

Advertisement

Polliwogs Recycled Wool Slippers
ocanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
turtle2who
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: potty pauses

Ugh - we are going thru the exact same thing!

Went on vacation last week and suddenly he just started pooping and peeing in his pants without saying a word- argh!

As soon as we got home I took him sticker shopping at our local teacher's store and we bought 3 packages of sparkly frog, bird and bug stickers that he picked out. When we got home I put up a piece of construction paper that we call his potty chart. Every time he goes on the potty he gets a square of stickers (there are 4-6 little stickers in each square.) He loves peeling them off and sticking them on his chart. Now as soon as he finishes putting on his stickers he says- I gotta go pee again mama! (LOL)

I do tell him that it is time to go pee- or I say sticker time! when it seems he hasn't gone in a while- to try and head off the impending accident. He is doing much better now but does still have accidents which I try to clean up with no emotion and just a reminder that pee and poop go in the potty.

We are at the point now- 1 week in- that he actually pees and forgets to ask for the stickers now and then because there are more interesting things going on. Stickers are a small price to pay for less laundry! IMO.

HTH! Good luck!
Old 08-25-2007, 08:44 PM   #3
camperjen
Registered Users
seller

regression is SO typical in the younger kids (under 2.5 or 3 years). they start out all gung-ho about it and lose interest or they simply developmentally start to focus on something else and sorta "forget how".

((hug)) we're doing potty learning right now as well and it sure DOES get frustrating at times!
Old 08-26-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just posted a similar thread above and found yours here. We are in the same boat except we're in the not trying it at all PAUSE. I am worrying that I shouldn't have gotten rid of so many diapers. I have enough for a day, but we were using trainers.....

Glad to know we're not alone.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:24 AM   #5
ocanfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks! That all makes me feel better. I got upset after she had an accident a few days ago...probably because I was already upset with the dog...but I felt HORRIBLE after and knew that didn't help matters. I also am trying the sticker approach, but she likes to stick them on herself better

This "potty pause" might have to do with the fact that I realized she has had a fever the last 2.5 days....we're going to the doctor today...so hopefully she's okay!!

Thanks for all the support Good luck with all your potty training too!

Polliwogs Recycled Wool Slippers
ocanfield is offline   Reply With Quote