Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #51
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: who has had 4+ c-sections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The*Fab*Four View Post
I have enjoyed reading through all the posts. I have 4 children ~ 1st was vaginal followed by 3 elective c-sections due to my odd's birth injury.

I have just started considering #5 ~ so it is very helpful to hear everyone's stories.
Do you have a Brachial Plexus Baby too? I am the same as you if so. 1st shoulder dystocia/obpi baby, last 3 c-sections. Also wanting a 5th, but DH is not. Another c/s makes him very nervous and he feels done. sigh.

Advertisement

raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #52
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My doc says they can see if there is thinning or anything to be concerned about at around 36 weeks through an U/S so apparently they can yes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by american_mommy View Post
So they can tell the health of your uterus through u/s? Just something for me to know if we decide to have a 7th, still working on dh for that
Old 06-12-2013, 12:20 PM   #53
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hello there! Forgive me that I haven't read through all the posts, but I just had c section #5, baby #7 and was given the go ahead for another We take each pregnancy one at a time to decide if we will have another. My doctor and I are in agreement that at any point he says it is too dangerous, then we are done...until then, we will happily be having more. After this last section he said if he hadn't known I'd already had 4 sections he would have thought it was my first time having one!

Every one is different that is for sure, so just keep in tune with your body and open contact with your OB.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:45 AM   #54
wyatt09
B/T with caution

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife70 View Post
Hello there! Forgive me that I haven't read through all the posts, but I just had c section #5, baby #7 and was given the go ahead for another We take each pregnancy one at a time to decide if we will have another. My doctor and I are in agreement that at any point he says it is too dangerous, then we are done...until then, we will happily be having more. After this last section he said if he hadn't known I'd already had 4 sections he would have thought it was my first time having one!

Every one is different that is for sure, so just keep in tune with your body and open contact with your OB.
Started off with 1 and we call her "sum",next was baby number two...I was buying "blue",baby number three I was "seeing more pink" and by this Christmas 2013.. a NEW gift for me! We are a Breast-feeding,baby wearing,cloth diapering,mama clothing,circ'ing,vaxing kinda family!
wyatt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:42 AM   #55
mrsnate
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've had 4 c-sections and I'm pregnant with my 5th. I asked my OB at my last delivery and he said I was good for another. I think it's a very individual situation. My cousin will be having her 6th next month.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #56
kingprawn
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had four. When I was pregnant with the 2nd and my OB advised against VBAC, I asked how many C's I could have, since we wanted a larger family. He replied he knew of someone who had 12! In the hospital, a couple of nurses implied I could only have 3, but then admitted it just wasn't that common to have more. Since my OB was never concerned about it, I resolved not to be too worried myself! Personally, I felt the first was the most difficult in terms of pain and recovery time. (BTW, I don't think my OB was surgery-happy. With my first, we waited two weeks past the due date before he ever even mentioned cesarean. After attempting to induce labor didn't work, we went ahead with surgery. With the subsequent births, he explained that he didn't recommend VBAC because he felt that 1% of VBAC resulting in rupture was a pretty high rate when you consider that's 1 in 100.)
kingprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #57
The*Fab*Four
Mama behind Jem*Jam Customs!
Formerly: Jem*Jam Customs
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisingcropsandbabies View Post
Do you have a Brachial Plexus Baby too? I am the same as you if so. 1st shoulder dystocia/obpi baby, last 3 c-sections. Also wanting a 5th, but DH is not. Another c/s makes him very nervous and he feels done. sigh.

Yes, my oldest was a Brachial Plexus baby!!
I had the option to deliver vaginally but couldn't risk that happening again, so I opted for a c-section.

I just got dh on board for #5 and recently got the go ahead from my OB.
J{4.04}, J{11.05}, J {8.09}, J {3.11}
Sweet Baby Girl J will arrive the week of May 12th {34w} due to a Placenta Percreta.
The*Fab*Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #58
ladybugluvr2004
Registered Users
seller

I am due to have my 3rd C-section in October and my hospital that I have used for all 3 of my kids has advised me that having a 4th c-section would have to be at a hospital with a nicu unit in case they have a hard time getting the baby out. My doctor also recommended not having more than 4, but as he said it all depends on the person, how much scar tissue there is and how the uterus works. With each c-section you run higher risks of complications especially with the placenta.
ladybugluvr2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 06:14 AM   #59
mommytomanyboys
Registered Users

I have had 6 c- sections.
mommytomanyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 04:29 PM   #60
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've personally only had one. But last pregnancy I was discussing birth options with my DR because I knew he was anti c section (had the lowest rate around at the time I started with him haven't checked recently), and I asked how he felt about V back. He said he was all for them and felt they were better for mom adn baby than a repeat C, BUT he also said it was somewhat up to me. I told him I wasn't sure and he asked how many kids I wanted. I told him I'd love 2 but would also love 3-4 and I could just be happy with a second at this point. His response was oh, as long as you don't want more than six then you can have repeat c sections, I just don't like going much over 6 of them. So I had never heard that less than 4 was a problem. And even if I wanted more than six he wasn't worried about it he just said he prefer I try to v back if I wanted more than 6.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote