Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2007, 04:55 PM   #1
1blessedmama
Registered Users
seller

Moms with 5+ kids...

...what do you drive??? As someone who really really really desires a large family, I have to ask at some point. LOL

Advertisement

Old 08-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
manyblessings
Registered Users
Formerly: mom2six
seller
seller

Re: Moms with 5+ kids...

We drive an 8 passenger Ford Expedition and a 7 passenger Volvo 850 wagon. We have our 6th on the way and I would like to go back to an 8 passenger mini van because of the gas. Chevy, Toyota, and Honda all make 8 pass mini vans.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #3
mommyfrog
Registered Users

We have a 15 passenger van. We have 6 kids now and another on the way. We love the extra room to seperate kids and if a cousin or friend (or 4 or 5!!) want to come along, it's no big deal. And carseats are sooo huge, but it's no worry in there.
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 05:40 AM   #4
Ima_to_6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have a Ford 12 passenger van. I love it! I can take out the last row of seats and still have room for my kiddos - but it allows for a large cargo area for bikes and things. Leaving the last row in, we are able to accomodate family and friends.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:01 AM   #5
tiredmommyof8
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ima_to_6 View Post
We have a Ford 12 passenger van. I love it! I can take out the last row of seats and still have room for my kiddos - but it allows for a large cargo area for bikes and things. Leaving the last row in, we are able to accomodate family and friends.
Same thing. 12 passenger Ford 350 Econoline Van. We don't take out the last row though I wish we would have gotten the 15 passenger van and done that for the extra storage space. DH thought the bigger one was uglier .

Kate~ Now an exhausted Mommy of 9!
ISO/IHA
tiredmommyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 07:20 AM   #6
sararenda
Banned
seller

Baby #5 is due in 7 weeks and right now all we have is a Oldsmoble 88 (seats 4 car seats) and a Dodge truck. You can put 1 car seat in it. I've been looking into getting a SAFETY 1ST Tote 'n Go DX 22-909 Booster Car Seat. I hardly ever go anywhere with all the children since I am a SAHM and we live out in the country. I'm hoping by the spring we will have enough saved to buy that 15 passenger van we've been talking about. DH wants to use our savings to buy a piece of land with cash so that is why we have to wait. We are going to be building a log home without going into debt to do it!! I'm excited about the prospect of no mortgage EVER for as long as we live!!
sararenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
mengmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

We are going to get a minivan this spring with our tax money (something for $5k or less for now). We only have two so far...but I really like the idea of being able to haul family/friends too if needed. As it is when my parents are here or my brother we have to split up...not to mention if we had even one more kid, we'd have to split up just for our little family.

Bryn ya!