Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-29-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Night training for a 5yo?

My DS has been day trained for almost 2 years. He still wets TOOONS at night, even if we restrict fluids and have him pee right before bed.

I've been LOVING our night time super undies. We double stuff with old BG MF inserts, so he has like 6 layers of MF. I think I ruined them by waging with bleach too much, and now he's soaking through them every.single.night.

Any tips for night training? I've heard some kids take years to night train bc their bodies aren't ready. Is it worth it to re-purchase our stash and just be gentler with them? WWYD?

Advertisement

BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
litlckrets
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Night training for a 5yo?

I wish I had the answer. I've heard LOTS of moms say the child will stop when they are ready... and it may be many years. Ugh! We've tried everything here... including the alarm that wakes the child at night. Huh... my boy just slept right through it. He is a super deep sleeper and only gets through the night without wetting if I wake him around 11 p.m. and make him (as he's crying and falling on the ground) go to the bathroom.
For now we use disposables at night but I hate wasting money. I think I'm going to buy the next size up in Ladder Hill Designs Nighttime Trainers (on hyenacart) because the fit is great and work really well when stuffed properly.
Old 03-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My 5 and 6 year olds still wet at night but the 6 year old very rarely these days. We just go with it until they stop... Seems to work with the six year old lil

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #4
Earthy Crunchy Mama
Registered Users
seller

Are they saturated at night and thats why they are leaking? Bleach us usually a big no no. You may just need to make sure he pees right before bed, and then maybe fleece or wool longies or shorties.
Earthy Crunchy Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:57 PM   #5
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthy Crunchy Mama
Are they saturated at night and thats why they are leaking? Bleach us usually a big no no. You may just need to make sure he pees right before bed, and then maybe fleece or wool longies or shorties.
I figured out they're leaking bc when I stuff them with the absorbency he needs, it's been cresting a gap in the leg elastic/crotch. It didn't use to be a problem but the last couple months he has gone through a growth spurt and his legs have thinned out. I think it's time for us to destash and look for some wool or fleece shorties for bedtime. I'm not sure if anyone even makes those in his size. He's in a youth 7.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #6
Mommy2JandS
Registered Users
seller
seller

i ended up making my 5 yo his own nighttime stuffable pull ups. I got sick of spending money on disposables that kept leaking every night. He is not ready to night train and pees a ton at night, also with going potty right before bed. The pullups were the best thing I coud have done. The only problem is that he's grown again recently and I think I may have to make a few new ones.
Old 06-18-2013, 03:03 PM   #7
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Update: he's been having great success (not leaking onto the sheets) now that I'm not over stuffing. Lol. It's the strangest thing.