Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

And he is still pretty much ebf, but does eat solid/ regular food with no problem. He still nurses to sleep for his nap and bedtime. He wants to nurse all the time still and asks for it. He is 15 months right now.

What do I do? Wean him? Will it be ok to just nurse him while at home and not while at daycare? Should I start cutting out nursing sessions? Will he be traumatized to go 8 hours without nursing?

Advertisement

Last edited by adjroberts; 06-26-2013 at 03:28 PM.
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #2
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Re: Starting daycare at 17 months

You don't want to pump? Mine is 19 mo and I just pump twice a day and leave it in a cup for him. Will he take milk subs if not? (Mine will not which is why I still pump) I have friends that just nurse in the morning and night and their kiddos drink a cup of milk at daycare or yogurt, food, etc. You for sure don't have to wean and he'll be just fine.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #3
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

I really don't want to pump. I would have to buy one, and he is already 15 months old, so... Yeah I don't want to pump lol
Old 06-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #4
boys4me
Registered Users
seller

I've been doing daycare for just under 13 years and I think if he's eating well and will take some kind of liquid from a bottle or sippy while at daycare, he should be fine. Even if he expects it at home, daycare will be different for him. They can get into a completely different routine at daycare and really do quite well with it. At daycare the provider needs to do things that work for everyone and the kids really do adjust very quickly to it. I think if you enjoy the nursing and don't feel the need to wean at home, he'll be fine at daycare.
boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #5
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks!

He drinks out of cups fine, and eats fine, so I think we're just going o go with it and see how he does.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #6
boys4me
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjroberts View Post
Thanks!

He drinks out of cups fine, and eats fine, so I think we're just going o go with it and see how he does.
I bet he'll do fine. Its amazing how quickly they will adjust to a new schedule and things being done differently than at home. I just started watching twin 22 month olds and was nervous because they hadn't been in daycare before, but they've been wonderful!! Just go with the flow and have adapted very well to our schedule. Best of luck!!
boys4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:00 PM   #7
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by adjroberts View Post
I really don't want to pump. I would have to buy one, and he is already 15 months old, so... Yeah I don't want to pump lol
Ha ha! Neither do I. I am soooooo done.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote