Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #11
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does it ever make you sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwendy View Post
I encourage you to consider a VBAC attempt if you want a large family. If you compare the maternal risks of a RCS to the risks with a VBAC, you may change your mind. And if you are successful, it will certainly make it more likely you can have a larger family.

All of that being said, I am the mother of 5. Same as you, big babies, no dilation and ALL C/S. I attempted a VBA4C and was able to labor for 16 hours to no avail, but I am glad I tried.

The thing with C/S is that every woman is different. Some women 'scar" really well and other don't. One woman may look so bad inside afterone C/S that they discourage another, while other women (like myself) have minimal scarring after multiple C/S.

If you opt not to go for the VBAC, just ask your provider after the C/S how things looked. I am waiting for my OR reports from my 5th C/S just this past March before deciding if we will have another. I used a different OB since I was going for a VBAC, but I want my OB to review my surgery notes and let me know what he thinks about another pregnancy.

I would definitely have been sad if I had needed to stop after 2, because I always wanted a biggish family.

YES! THIS!

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #12
Abbaloosa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I felt like you after my first two c/s, although my OB had no problem with doing 5 or 6 of them. He said as long as you get pregnant, we'll find a way to get the baby out. But my third was a VBAC and now I hope to never have another c/s. We would like a large family as well so I was SO overjoyed that it was successful. I've heard of women having 8+ c/s with no issues.
Abbaloosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:58 AM   #13
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:

I would definitely try for the VBAC if at all possible. That being said, I wanted to encourage that having a c/s does not mean the end to your large family dreams I just had my 5 c/s and was given the go ahead for #6 +, my OB said that I am having no thinning or other issues, and that as of right then (anything can happen ) having 1-3 more babies was not out of the question for us! Now, I *DO* know and realize that every woman is different..you should for sure find an OB that you trust and that has worked with multiple section Mama's. I have been VERY blessed to have had my last 2 OB's (we're military so I had to change ) fully encourage us to go right on ahead with our large family choices.

Also, as for scarring. Our baby #3 was our first section and was an emergency...I scarred something HORRIBLE afterwards, but didn't know until we were in the OR to deliver baby #4. He said in 25 yrs he had never seen so much scarring! He cleaned me all up, and thankfully I have had fabulous OB's since that have done just as well, and my scarring has since been very minimal. (Again, I do realize how fortunate this makes us)

Oh scwendy, how do you wait?! lol I ask right there on the table! They always laugh cause well, who asks that while delivering?! But I do...with our last delivery he said " Are you SURE this is section #5?? If I didn't know your history, I would say this was your first section!" YAY!

Last edited by armywife70; 06-18-2013 at 09:06 AM.
armywife70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #14
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife70 View Post
I would definitely try for the VBAC if at all possible. That being said, I wanted to encourage that having a c/s does not mean the end to your large family dreams I just had my 5 c/s and was given the go ahead for #6 +, my OB said that I am having no thinning or other issues, and that as of right then (anything can happen ) having 1-3 more babies was not out of the question for us! Now, I *DO* know and realize that every woman is different..you should for sure find an OB that you trust and that has worked with multiple section Mama's. I have been VERY blessed to have had my last 2 OB's (we're military so I had to change ) fully encourage us to go right on ahead with our large family choices.

Also, as for scarring. Our baby #3 was our first section and was an emergency...I scarred something HORRIBLE afterwards, but didn't know until we were in the OR to deliver baby #4. He said in 25 yrs he had never seen so much scarring! He cleaned me all up, and thankfully I have had fabulous OB's since that have done just as well, and my scarring has since been very minimal. (Again, I do realize how fortunate this makes us)

Oh scwendy, how do you wait?! lol I ask right there on the table! They always laugh cause well, who asks that while delivering?! But I do...with our last delivery he said " Are you SURE this is section #5?? If I didn't know your history, I would say this was your first section!" YAY!
Yep - I ask on the table while its fresh on the OB's mind too !
Old 06-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #15
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowangel View Post
Yep - I ask on the table while its fresh on the OB's mind too !
Thank you for making me feel SANE!
Old 06-27-2013, 11:28 AM   #16
scwendy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by armywife70 View Post

The OB who delivered my last was not my regular OB since I was trying a VBA4C. I do not have the same level of trust with her as my own OB and I personally only feel comfortable if I see the actual OR report versus what that OB would have said to me. had it been my own OB, I, too, would have just asked
scwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #17
mom2kaydncolt
Registered Users
seller

I will have our fourth c section and fifth baby this September. After my last section the ob who was not my own said he doodle stitched in case we wanted more babies. We'll see what my ob says after this one.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #18
armywife70
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scwendy View Post
The OB who delivered my last was not my regular OB since I was trying a VBA4C. I do not have the same level of trust with her as my own OB and I personally only feel comfortable if I see the actual OR report versus what that OB would have said to me. had it been my own OB, I, too, would have just asked
*COMPLETELY* understandable! I would have done the same thing in that instance. I pray all is noted as fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2kaydncolt View Post
I will have our fourth c section and fifth baby this September. After my last section the ob who was not my own said he doodle stitched in case we wanted more babies. We'll see what my ob says after this one.
Congratulations on your newest little one! I hope that everything is wonderful with your delivery!
Old 07-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #19
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I thought the same but I had a vba2c twice. So now I have 4 babies 2 via cs 2 vaginally.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #20
crunch!910
Registered Users

Yes, makes me sad. I never actually wanted a huge family, but being "done" especially if this baby is a failed VBA2C, is very sad, because I'm only 23! But, I will not have more than 3 csection. The risks are too high for me personally.

Definitely go for a VBAC if you intend to have a large family. The benefits outweigh the risks if you consider many future pregnancies.