Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #11
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more
Hm....I planned on encapsulating my next placenta. Is there more benefit between raw and encapsulated?
Dehydrated (encapsulated) has the same benefits as raw. And they keep in the freezer indefinitely. I've even heard they can be beneficial in menopause!

Advertisement

Old 06-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #12
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Placenta Smoothies!!!!!! (pic)

im interested in doing this after the birth of my next baby as I had horrible supply issues last time. Do you wash it off? Im curious as to if it tastes bloody? im thinking like if you bite your tounge and taste that metallic blood taste...

Do I just call the hospital and ask if they would allow me to keep it? How would I go about keeping it? I go to a regular OB and will be delivering in a hospital.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #13
KaliShanti
Registered Users
seller

I encapsulate mine and others placentas and I love it. Smoothies are a great option for those who can do it too.
KaliShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #14
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

[QUOTE=swrlgrl105;16704654]im interested in doing this after the birth of my next baby as I had horrible supply issues last time. it is great for milk supply! Mine started to dip back down after I stopped taking mine, and went back up when I started again! Do you wash it off? yes I washed all the blood off mine, I washed till it ran cleanIm curious as to if it tastes bloody? I always had it in a fruit smoothie, it certainly had a taste, I woudn't say bloody, but... um... a taste. Also, placenta burps are a real thing. im thinking like if you bite your tounge and taste that metallic blood taste...

Do I just call the hospital and ask if they would allow me to keep it? yes, you call and ask, different hospitals have different rules. But they will require you bring your own clean pail with a lid and take it home immediately after (we sent ours with our doula and got it from her later How would I go about keeping it? I go to a regular OB and will be delivering in a hospital.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #15
jandk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've been thinking about consuming my placenta somehow with this baby... I've NEVER struggled with low milk supply... I use quarter-folded washcloths for breastpads and have to change them often, if that gives you any idea...

But... I do struggle with postpartum depression, and I'm thinking because this baby is due in November (all of my others were summer babies), and I already struggle with SAD, I may need to do something.

Oh, what will my hubby say..... He will truly think I've gone off the deep end now!
Old 08-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #16
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Thanks for posting.

I can't pay anyone to encapsulate and not sure if realistically I'll have the time or energy to do it myself. The thought of placenta smoothies HONESTLY turns my stomach.... But you say you can't taste it.....

..... I might try it....... Lol!!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #17
MaterofJacob
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I was totally grossed out with the thought of consuming my placenta with my first two. But you make me actually want to try it! I don't think we'll have the money to pay for encapsulating but if placenta smoothies aren't that bad... I may have to try it as well. Although I just mentioned it to DH and his response was "You're joking, right?"

Check out my IHA/ISO: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...5#post16697295
MaterofJacob is offline   Reply With Quote