Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2013, 04:49 PM   #1
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Bath Cushion

This is possibly more of a "parenting" issue but I think perhaps a mama on here might have a suggestion. Fionn is near 5mo and HUGE He is over the 98% for height. He is hypertonic and does not bend at the waist so he is no where near sitting up anytime in the near future. We have been bathing him on one of the infant sponge things in our huge kitchen sink but he has well outgrown it I tried our Eurobath molded baby bath and he is too stiff for that too. A towel didn't work either. I wondered if there is something similar to the infant sponge but larger? I need something larger and preferably cushioned. He is so slippery with nothing under him plus we like him to relax in the bath before his stretches. It needs to dry quickly because I am a bit of a clean freak. Thank you for any ideas. Maybe I am overlooking a simple solution.

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

What about that blooming bath flower petal thingy?
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #3
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Lay him on the bottom of the tub. No need for anything. Do a tiny bit of water, that's it! My kids learned quick not to look to the sides. And they lived to splash and wiggle.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #4
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bath Cushion

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Lay him on the bottom of the tub. No need for anything. Do a tiny bit of water, that's it! My kids learned quick not to look to the sides. And they lived to splash and wiggle.
I will have to try that again if we can't find a cushion of some kind. He flails around like a nut and he was slipping all over.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDever

I will have to try that again if we can't find a cushion of some kind. He flails around like a nut and he was slipping all over.
Yeah, probably depends on your water softness. I will never use a baby bath again, it's been so easy
Old 06-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #6
gabmaxi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I had one of these for the bathtub:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

I also used a bath towel on the bottom of the big tub. It usually dried overnight.

Also, I used my puj tub when I got tired of wringing out the towel.

Last edited by gabmaxi; 06-27-2013 at 06:42 PM.
gabmaxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
mekat
Registered Users

My son was a slippery bugger and he would arch his back a lot as a toddler (18-20lbs he has always been small due to his syndromes) and go stiff when upset. I bought a used Leckey chair and just washed the fabric cover and sterilized the hard parts so I wasn't too worried about it being used.

http://www.rehabmart.com/product/leckey-advance-bath-chair-9790.html

If I remember correctly the legs fold out so you can have it sitting closer to the tub. The seat/back/leg area can be completely flat or adjusted to whatever angle you want. Eventually ds could sit up well enough that he graduated from that to a regular inflatable infant bath tub around 3yo. He still wobbled so needed the cushioning of an inflatable. Ds didn't learn to like baths until after he could sit independently and with being special needs he took a bit longer to get there.

Anyway I gave ours away to the EI loan closet. I bet if you like the idea you can find a used one cheap or free from an equipment loan closet. UCP, Easter Seals, Early Intervention and some state's health program for children with special health care concerns (Title V/CSHCN) are programs that tend to keep loan closets so you can check with them and his therapists for loan closet information. You can check with insurance as well but most don't like to purchase bath chairs without making you jump through hoops and often they just flat out refuse to cover one.

Last edited by mekat; 06-27-2013 at 08:16 PM.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:22 PM   #8
mekat
Registered Users

Forgot to mention some of the more enterprising sn parents have built their own bath platforms/chairs using pvc pipe and mesh fabric. I am not that handy but if you are you can make your own.
mekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:14 AM   #9
BSWmama
Registered Users
seller

Maybe something like this?
http://compare.ebay.com/like/2612200...ypes&var=sbar#

Or this?
http://www.lifesolutionsplus.com/sho...ge-p-2241.html
BSWmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #10
Amandamama
Registered Users

Love the Leckey bath seat for my son! We borrowed one too at first, but insurance paid fir his own with a letter of medical necessity ( stress safety, hygiene, etc)
Amandamama is offline   Reply With Quote