Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #411
girlichick
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2grace
Had my 14 week apt today. I cried when my midwife came in and hugged me. I hadn't talked to her since we had Ella's diagnosis. Then I cried when I heard that heartbeat! I have felt so good about this pregnancy but still get nervous when I have an apt. I'm trying to trust and be calm. Hubs does not understand it and we got into a little fight today but then he explained that I'm not sharing my an joys thoughts so he really doesn't know about it. I need to do better about that.
Shannon - I am soooo happy for you!!! I need to catch up on reading, but we found out on our baby Abby's birthday that we are expecting our second rainbow in March. . We lost Abigail to a cord accident on June 23, '11. My first rainbow baby will be 10 months tomorrow, oh how time flies! I am nervous but trying to place it in Gods hands. Can't wait to be farther along so I can bust out my Doppler again . Sending hugs and prayers to all of the ladies here!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Advertisement

Old 06-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #412
myblessedbaby
Registered
seller

Re: Pregnancy After Loss (April)

Marie those pictures are great! Nice job on your own Your little girl is precious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2grace View Post

In one week we will celebrate Ella's first birthday. And she's not here. And it sucks. We are going to go away as a family and spend sometime together and then on her birthday we'll take the kids to an amusement park that we've heard is fantastic, especially for small kids.

I wrote her a letter this week and that felt good. I was surprised how hard it would be and how the grief would feel so.... physical again. But I'm glad I did it. Now I need to go through her box before we leave. I've been wanting to do that for a while and since we'll be gone I want to do it before we leave.

I don't think I'm really attaching myself to this new pregnancy. I'll be 16 weeks next week and all I can think about is, "wait for the ultrasound". I don't have any reason to believe that anything's wrong but it's still so hard.

Just missing my baby today.
Sound like you are dealing with things as best as you can. I think celebrating Ella's birthday at an amusement park is a wonderful idea. As for not attaching to the pregnancy, I think that is a totally normal way of coping with things when you've had a loss. You are trying to protect your heart. Just take it one day at a time. Many of us couldn't really believe things were gonna turn out ok until baby was born safe and sound. So take all the time you need
Old 06-30-2013, 07:16 PM   #413
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlichick View Post
Shannon - I am soooo happy for you!!! I need to catch up on reading, but we found out on our baby Abby's birthday that we are expecting our second rainbow in March. . We lost Abigail to a cord accident on June 23, '11. My first rainbow baby will be 10 months tomorrow, oh how time flies! I am nervous but trying to place it in Gods hands. Can't wait to be farther along so I can bust out my Doppler again . Sending hugs and prayers to all of the ladies here!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Congrats Lynn! We got our BFP on Ella's 9 month birthday. I reminded Hubs that it had been 9 months. he got quiet for a minute and then I said.. and in 9 more we'll have another blessing Lord willing.

It IS so nerve wracking. I am working hard on trusting God. I know that I won't feel totally at ease till he/she's here. It's Ella's 1st birthday in 5 days so this has been a hard week.

Praying for you and your little one!
Old 07-15-2013, 04:01 PM   #414
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

New thread here
http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...3#post16760633

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote