Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2013, 09:53 PM   #1781
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
I am not reading back through 178 pages, but I am fairly positive that the team declared this thread OFF-LIMITS to debate. It stops now please. This thread has been left here as a resource for those who choose to use it. If not, please ignore it.
Can I respectfully ask why that this thread in particular is not allowed to have any debate when I have never seen any other thread that was to remain purely one sided about any topic? I am not trying to be rude, but I honestly do not understand.

I would also like to point out (again) that I am not pro circ, and am not telling anyone they should circumcise. I am not trying to tell people what to do, I just think it's fair that there are two sides presented.

It would also seem more tolerable if incorrect information was not found here, such as the scripture referenced in the op. But even then I still don't understand not allowing respectful discussion about a topic on a discussion board.

Advertisement

jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 09:56 PM   #1782
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Also, if it is to remain an untouchable thread, can't we just sticky it and be done with it? Or perhaps add it to the sticky in parenting? I'm still not trying to be rude or argue with the mod, honest question.

Last edited by jen_batten; 07-02-2013 at 10:14 PM.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:20 PM   #1783
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Also, if it is to remain an untouchable thread, can't we just sticky it and be done with it? Or perhaps add it to the sticky in parenting? I'm still not trying to be rude or argue with the mod, honest question.
it is not meant to be untouchable, just not debated. You are welcome to start another thread politely sharing the other side of things if you'd like.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #1784
ktmelody
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten
Its not.

Its not to be debated. The previous poster only bumped it up with a smiley as previously asked and you immediatly start in with debate.

The thread is about NOT circing. Please keep it on the topic of NOT circing.
ktmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:01 PM   #1785
bazil323
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just want to thank those who have posted information here. I think that the information about why circumcision is not done is actually not widely advertised in the medical community, and it's threads like this that allow people to find the information about what is done & how it affects the infant. Yes, some of this is decidely opinionated (such as looking at the issue as purely cosmetic versus potentially prophylactic; how someone looks at that particular issue is their decision), but a lot of it is purely informational (such as circumcision removes healthy tissue packed with nerves). Whether you take that purely informational part of the posts as pro or anti is your decision/opinion. I think a lot of people look at the part that points out that foreskins rarely become diseased, penile cancer is usually related to STDs (a condom is more prevention than a circumcision here), and that circumcision is done with little to no anesthesia during and usually no pain relief after and see it as purely anticircumcision, but really, it's just information that you can then choose how you proceed from there.

It's just like when a surgeon explains that there are risks of bleeding, permanent nerve/muscle/organ injury, infection, etc. with a particular procedure, and some people decide it's not worth the risk and some decide that it is. I hope I'm not getting into debate territory here, and I agree that this particular thread was intended for information on one side of the topic. Any other topic would have the same courtesy extended if that intent was clearly stated and not written in a flaming/attack way. I haven't been here that long, but it seems to me that the threads that get closed are ones that get into arguments and start becoming nasty rather than the original intent.
bazil323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:30 AM   #1786
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We have to give a persuasive speech in class. Abolishing RIC is my topic. I'm really looking forward to this but they want 6 sources found from the school's reference database grrr. Hopefully I find some useful information. I can get other sources thankfully. Out of all the people in class that have male children all of them circed and will again according to mt survey. Not shocking. There was a couple no they would not and a few neutrals.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:48 AM   #1787
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Uggg the biased media reports suck. No wonder parents have trouble making informed decisions when everything out there is promoting circumcision!
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #1788
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
Uggg the biased media reports suck. No wonder parents have trouble making informed decisions when everything out there is promoting circumcision!
This is exactly the problem...
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:00 PM   #1789
alyxmegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
alyxmegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:06 PM   #1790
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alyxmegan View Post
Ahahaha. Awesome. Of course I had this fight with a friend. "Female genital mutilation is TOTALLY different!!!" Uhh, why? There are many forms of FGM, some extreme and some dealing only with the labia, but they all damage and/or remove healthy tissue, and the reasons for FGM are based on culture instead of medical evidence. So exactly how is that different than circumcision?
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote