Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #11
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Progesterone Questions

I guess my progesterone use is a bit different because the obs want me to take it from week 16 onward. But I've been researching it A LOT and it does seem to have some adverse effects like late term miscarriage, stillbirth, GD, pre e, etc. I would definitely ask to have a blood draw to determine if I needed a drug before I just used it.

Advertisement

Old 07-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #12
bebeboy03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasmineMama
I guess my progesterone use is a bit different because the obs want me to take it from week 16 onward. But I've been researching it A LOT and it does seem to have some adverse effects like late term miscarriage, stillbirth, GD, pre e, etc. I would definitely ask to have a blood draw to determine if I needed a drug before I just used it.
My guess is you were on hydroxyprogesterone injects, which is different than the progesterone you take early in a pregnancy.
cautiously expecting #4 October 2013
bebeboy03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #13
MamaSarahMay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I called the office and their policies have changed. Since I haven't seen them for this pregnancy yet they cannot give medical advice over the phone. I chose to pick a different dr in the practice (not the one I saw last time :-/) so that they can review my chart and get back to me. When they call me tomorrow I am going to ask to be tested for low progesterone first to see if its necessary at all anyways.

The few people we have told about the pregnancy tell me to stop worrying and just let things happen and know that God is in control. While I do believe that with all of my heart, I also know it will still break my heart if something were to happen.

I guess I just am having a hard time trusting that my body can do what it's supposed to after two back to back losses and then my son having his heart defect :-/
Sarah~ Wife to Scott since 2/5/2005, Mommy to Alexander 9/4/2007 Our little miracle Caleb Joseph 4/18/2011 and our sweet little Angels in Heaven 10/2009 and 7/2010 Cautiously expecting #3 in March 2014!
MamaSarahMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:07 AM   #14
Yarnjess
Registered Users
seller

Re: Progesterone Questions

Being worried is totally normal, especially given your history. Take comfort in the fact that you're being proactive and seeking help for suspected problems (like low progesterone). At a certain point you do have to trust that things will be okay, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with pursuing all your options and doing what is in your power to ensure a healthy pregnancy. Take care of yourself, eat good food, and get plenty of rest. I hope you get seen soon so you can get some answers and maybe a little peace of mind.
Yarnjess is offline   Reply With Quote