Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #41
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Gentle but STRONG natural Deodorant and Diaper Rash Treatments

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnRose View Post
Yes, I forgot to mention today is only day #3 of using this deodorant. I am still sweating the usual amount but I dont stink! That in itself is beyond amazing, lol.
Super. For me, since I have such a sweat problem, I could sometimes get uncomfortable from feeling sticky with the sweat at first, but now I sweat far less than I did with conventional deos.

Sarah-B, wow! I live in the South but am chained to that a/c. I'm delighted it is working so well for you.

Pagoda, I just got your payment and missed the mailman. But it will go out tomorrow--thank you .

Art-mama, actually I think maybe I have three nursing moms using it at present then.... Anyhow, IME you are right about this deo lasting longer. I mostly use remnants of EO recipe tests that I hardened in silicone muffin cups, and a couple of these tiny little slabs have lasted me 6 months. (Now that the temperature is making them too soft I am using a sample size plastic applicator.) I only apply 1 stroke of this deo unless I am being forgetful and applying more out of habit. And the round surface area of the full-size deo is itself smaller than conventional deo (which I used to have to apply in about 3 long strokes).

I do find that the sample size deos which come in an oval container are harder to apply less of for some reason, have a wider surface area for application, and also require more of a base to hold the sample amount in place (It's almost like getting 1/4 of an ounce even though I provide more than a 1/2 oz.), so they go pretty fast relative to the same amount of full size deo. They are probably just barely big enough to last long enough to show the tester whether the sage will work for them.

Advertisement

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants

Last edited by debcita429; 07-03-2013 at 12:08 PM.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #42
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

BUMP!

Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
Old 07-16-2013, 11:18 AM   #43
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

BUMP!

Old 07-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #44
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just wanted to say I am still loving your sage sweat stick in ARIZONA SUMMER! Even when I occasionally forget to put it on I still smell fine according to DH, my mom and best friend!!

I am so happy with this deo & will be a long time customer (i will order more after the heat stops so it wont melt in the mail lol) and hope you eventually make a sun screen
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:27 AM   #45
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B
Just wanted to say I am still loving your sage sweat stick in ARIZONA SUMMER! Even when I occasionally forget to put it on I still smell fine according to DH, my mom and best friend!!

I am so happy with this deo & will be a long time customer (i will order more after the heat stops so it wont melt in the mail lol) and hope you eventually make a sun screen
I agree.

Not sure I need the sage, based on how well it's working but like the scent. Works SO great!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #46
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sarah-B, you really have such a gift for encouragement. Thank you! And it is extra great to hear that you still smell ok when you miss a day or part of one (that would be the long-lasting properties of the zinc and sage there). It's not the end of the world for me when I miss a day now either, although it's not great either (I really do best with it every day). I do find, however, that if I have missed a shower and so still have the prior day's application on me, I do not necessarily need to reapply or may be able to freshen it w/ merely a stroke of my diaperstick or a little coconut oil. Some people do find that with zinc they can skip days.

And you, too, Pinktoes--great to hear how well it is working!

I'm a fan of the sage scent myself, lol. Every once in a while I toy around with the idea of making other scents that contain the same amount of sage just so that people have variety, should they tire of the one scent. But I simply think that is the nicest blend with the sage.

Sunscreen: I've tried some DIY nano-zinc sunscreen on myself (not with the beeswax and everything, just as a quick freeze in coconut oil, shea, and bug deterrent EOs; however, the zinc still settled on the bottom, so it took effort to blend on the skin evenly). My conclusion, honestly, is that I think I would just buy sunscreen if it were not for the fact that I already have the supplies. The zinc goes on awfully white, although it does fade away after a bit. And I just don't think DIY would easily approximate the waterproof and sweatproof nature of the more natural options on the regular market. Now, I wasn't even trying to make a waterproof DIY this time around, but I think it would be difficult. Also, due to allergies and heat sensitivity, I spend little time outside with which to test it (and am often trying to get my vitD when I am out). I would want to believe in something before recruiting testers. Thank you so much for your encouragement though .

Last edited by debcita429; 07-17-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #47
pagodagirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

Pm'd you about getting the another day in paradise stick. So far the sage stick has been amazing, but my DH has comodered it and since it worked right away for me and on the small chance that it might be affecting my supply (DS2 is going through an insane growth spurt) I figured since I need another one anyway (I mean I love my DH but I like to have my own deo...) I'll try the non sage one
Old 07-18-2013, 09:34 AM   #48
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429
Sarah-B, you really have such a gift for encouragement. Thank you! And it is extra great to hear that you still smell ok when you miss a day or part of one (that would be the long-lasting properties of the zinc and sage there). It's not the end of the world for me when I miss a day now either, although it's not great either (I really do best with it every day). I do find, however, that if I have missed a shower and so still have the prior day's application on me, I do not necessarily need to reapply or may be able to freshen it w/ merely a stroke of my diaperstick or a little coconut oil. Some people do find that with zinc they can skip days.

And you, too, Pinktoes--great to hear how well it is working!

I'm a fan of the sage scent myself, lol. Every once in a while I toy around with the idea of making other scents that contain the same amount of sage just so that people have variety, should they tire of the one scent. But I simply think that is the nicest blend with the sage.

Sunscreen: I've tried some DIY nano-zinc sunscreen on myself (not with the beeswax and everything, just as a quick freeze in coconut oil, shea, and bug deterrent EOs; however, the zinc still settled on the bottom, so it took effort to blend on the skin evenly). My conclusion, honestly, is that I think I would just buy sunscreen if it were not for the fact that I already have the supplies. The zinc goes on awfully white, although it does fade away after a bit. And I just don't think DIY would easily approximate the waterproof and sweatproof nature of the more natural options on the regular market. Now, I wasn't even trying to make a waterproof DIY this time around, but I think it would be difficult. Also, due to allergies and heat sensitivity, I spend little time outside with which to test it (and am often trying to get my vitD when I am out). I would want to believe in something before recruiting testers. Thank you so much for your encouragement though .
Oh ok I gotcha on the sunscreen for sure. It does seem hard to get just right. In August after our family camping trip that is coming up I plan on getting my hands on some ingredients so I can try it out. Debcita429 where do you purchase your ingredients? I would love to order from a place that someone else has had a good experience
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #49
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-B View Post
Oh ok I gotcha on the sunscreen for sure. It does seem hard to get just right. In August after our family camping trip that is coming up I plan on getting my hands on some ingredients so I can try it out. Debcita429 where do you purchase your ingredients? I would love to order from a place that someone else has had a good experience
Well, the list is pretty diffuse, so I'm not sure how much this helps. I get my zinc from essential depot on amazon. I get various base oils from swansons or vitacost. I bought a huge amount of organic beeswax on eBay. I guess those are the things you would need for sunscreen. I would suggest tinting the sunscreen to help make up for the whiteness, but I've never yet bought minerals for that purpose myself. If you are wanting to make something in a stick form, I like the roll ups from Elements Bath and Body and would recommend their mini-whisks as well. IME, a LOT of product sticks to a spatula no matter how quickly you get it off the heat.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:30 PM   #50
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagodagirl View Post
Pm'd you about getting the another day in paradise stick. So far the sage stick has been amazing, but my DH has comodered it and since it worked right away for me and on the small chance that it might be affecting my supply (DS2 is going through an insane growth spurt) I figured since I need another one anyway (I mean I love my DH but I like to have my own deo...) I'll try the non sage one
I love that your husband comandeered the Sage Advice stick, lol. I have written back to you.