Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #561
ilovemygirl
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

OMG Carrie! That sure is a lot to deal with all at once. Good Luck!!!

Advertisement

Old 07-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #562
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats Kristen! They are beautiful and good weights! Yay for your birth experience too! I'm so happy for you
Old 07-09-2013, 02:50 PM   #563
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness Kristen... how did I miss the posts and birth announcement???
AHHH CONGRATS!!!!!! They are BEAUTIFUL!!! SOOOO happy for you!!
I'm actually shocked you went early.. I thought for sure you'd be a mama that gets to 39 weeks! Such beautiful girls. How are you liking the NICU process so far? Are the tubes in their mouths for feeding? SO glad nursing is going well! I would totally be pushing for the Kangaroo care as well, I know the hospital 30 minutes from us does it.

I'm planning on getting a tour of their NICU asap. I'm still on the fence about switching practices to the one 30m away with the NICU. I truly feel I will not make it to full term as I have had contractions the last 2 weeks. I have upped my water intake and that has really helped, and I only get a couple a day now. When I get more, I up my water and calories and monitor the timing. I'm assuming my DR here would transfer me to the other hospital if anything happened early, especially if I demanded it. I'm hoping that if I get to 34+, that I would get to stay here, and they would be more 'natural' as far as letting me do more kangaroo care and possibly try to avoid NICU care completely, whereas the other hospital would do it since they had it there.

Not sure what to think, or what to do. My gut says to switch, because heaven forbid one of the babies DID need to be transferred, I would just be heartbroken for us to be separated. I am going to tour our local hospital birthing center again tomorrow evening (even though I have already delivered here) and ask specific questions about what their 'nursery' can attend to, and see how many babies they transfer out. I think it will give me a better idea of what happens there (since my DR's seem to have no answers for me), and then I will leave my current practice. I have an U/S next Friday for 28 week growth, so I'm nervous/excited to see how they are doing. Kind of MAD that I HAVE to ask every time for info (weights, measurements, how are they doing??) since they just measure, get me out, and then say I'm done. Like I personally don't 'need' the info. or something. I know it's in my chart, but I, the mother, would like to know how my babies are growing! They didn't even TELL me they had separate sacks and placentas until I demanded someone go through the chart to find out at 20 weeks! :-/ So I may be switching very soon.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 03:15 PM   #564
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thanks Rachel! The NG tubes are for feeding yes. They get really tired nursing or bottle feeding and have to have the rest of their milk through the NG tube to ensure they get enough.

In your situation and knowing what I know now, I would absolutely switch. If they're born before 36 weeks they will need NICU time and you'll want them to have it, trust me. As much as I hate seeing them in here, they need it and this is the best place for them to be, no question. Babies this young need constant care and monitoring to thrive and there's no way anyone could do it at home. I can't wait to take them home, but I want them to be ready and right now, they're definitely not.

AFU (as for us) - All is well and going great so far! Katelyn is off her CPAP and getting better and better at nursing and Keira is already an old pro at it! We are totally and completely in love!!!

Together again at last! 5 days old, Katelyn is on the left and Keira is on the right.
Old 07-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #565
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Kristen, how PRECIOUS!! Oh my gosh they are just so adorable!! Are you staying in the hospital with them? Or discharged and visiting? What beautiful baby girls, congrats again!!!!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #566
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricket24
Thanks Rachel! The NG tubes are for feeding yes. They get really tired nursing or bottle feeding and have to have the rest of their milk through the NG tube to ensure they get enough.

In your situation and knowing what I know now, I would absolutely switch. If they're born before 36 weeks they will need NICU time and you'll want them to have it, trust me. As much as I hate seeing them in here, they need it and this is the best place for them to be, no question. Babies this young need constant care and monitoring to thrive and there's no way anyone could do it at home. I can't wait to take them home, but I want them to be ready and right now, they're definitely not.

AFU (as for us) - All is well and going great so far! Katelyn is off her CPAP and getting better and better at nursing and Keira is already an old pro at it! We are totally and completely in love!!!

Together again at last! 5 days old, Katelyn is on the left and Keira is on the right.
Oh my, love-love-love! I'm so had they're doing well!
Old 07-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #567
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hey ladies!

I meant to update here earlier, but I forgot.
I'm at the hospital doing a 24hr urine. I fell going into the doctor this morning and then they immediately checked my BP and it was high. Then there was protein in my urine. They rechecked my BP and it was still very high. So they sent me over to l&d. When I got here my BP was perfect, but my bloodwork is positive for preeclampsia and I still have protein in my urine. So they're admitting me and doing a 24hr urine. If my BP stays good and the urine comes back good ill get to go home. If they are bad then ill stay until I deliver since the only treatment for this is delivery. So I'm pretty much just waiting now. I feel fine. Babies are doing great. So we will see I guess.
I hope everyone else is doing great!!
Old 07-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #568
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
Hey ladies!

I meant to update here earlier, but I forgot.
I'm at the hospital doing a 24hr urine. I fell going into the doctor this morning and then they immediately checked my BP and it was high. Then there was protein in my urine. They rechecked my BP and it was still very high. So they sent me over to l&d. When I got here my BP was perfect, but my bloodwork is positive for preeclampsia and I still have protein in my urine. So they're admitting me and doing a 24hr urine. If my BP stays good and the urine comes back good ill get to go home. If they are bad then ill stay until I deliver since the only treatment for this is delivery. So I'm pretty much just waiting now. I feel fine. Babies are doing great. So we will see I guess.
I hope everyone else is doing great!!
Oh my! I hope everything goes well! How many weeks are you now, Danielle? This may sound TOTALLY crazy... but I love being in the hospital. There is just something about the clean rooms, no demands of kids or a messy house, water and juice at the touch of a button, and I just get SO excited about delivery. I was almost admitted at 37w for delivery with high BP and blurry/spotty vision and they thought Pre-E or at least high BP and were going to induce me if it didn't go down. I got so excited, and was a little bummed we had to go home when it came down.

I hope it isn't serious for you, definitely does not sound like fun with all those symptoms, and I hope you are far enough along that if it is serious, that the babies will be okay. Have they done steroid shots yet?
Old 07-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #569
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily

Oh my! I hope everything goes well! How many weeks are you now, Danielle? This may sound TOTALLY crazy... but I love being in the hospital. There is just something about the clean rooms, no demands of kids or a messy house, water and juice at the touch of a button, and I just get SO excited about delivery. I was almost admitted at 37w for delivery with high BP and blurry/spotty vision and they thought Pre-E or at least high BP and were going to induce me if it didn't go down. I got so excited, and was a little bummed we had to go home when it came down.

I hope it isn't serious for you, definitely does not sound like fun with all those symptoms, and I hope you are far enough along that if it is serious, that the babies will be okay. Have they done steroid shots yet?
I'm 32w5d today. My BP is down, but there is still 2+ protein in my urine according to the urinalysis strips, but it all comes down to the 24hr urine. They gave me one steroid injection today and ill get the second one tomorrow. They take 48hrs to start working after the second one is given. So I'm praying for holding out until this weekend at least.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #570
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thinking about you during this time Danielle, hope things setting down and pull our longer.
Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote