Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #11
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: So... antivaccinating moms. School waiver?

I would just find a way to get the records. I wouldn't want the school to think she had no vaccines if she did. Plus it would look odd to have a philosophical or religious exemption for one kid who is your oldest and not the others. My kids had vaccines but on a slower pace and I opted to get them all caught up for school because they will be in school for a long time and I wanted the schools to know they did have the vaccines they did. If I really didn't want them to get certain vaccines or wasn't going to catch them up any time soon I would have done the exemption but I decided against it. You did get the vaccines and will have your other kids records so I just get the records in whatever way is necessary.

Advertisement

nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:58 AM   #12
Minniebees
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2two
seller

My Mood:
Re: So... antivaccinating moms. School waiver?

So here's the thing with getting the records. We can't just ask the state, since she has had shots in 3 different states (military). Only her 4 year old shots are in the electronic health record, so we'd have to do some major digging to get the proof. BTDT.

Problem #2 is that we're not going to actually be in San Diego until July 23 (well, we're going to spend a night there before Disneyland to enroll in school, sign our lease, and so on), and school starts the 24th. It will take a few weeks to get enrolled in Tricare, and then hunt down the record. Meanwhile, she will miss the beginning of school.

So, why not just show up in San Diego before? Our house won't be ready for occupation until then. At least, that's the best guess. The old tenants are moving out on the 13th, and the house is going to need major work apparently, since the old tenants were there for years.

I'm going to see if the new school will accept the old school's vaccination proof, but if not, I'll just sign the waiver, and then try to get the record for next time. CA is pretty lax about non-vaccination, so it shouldn't be an issue. But you never know, people can be jerks about stuff.