View Poll Results: Do you babies get fully names in utero?
Yes all of them 101 59.41%
No 37 21.76%
Some of them 32 18.82%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #61
erinofgod
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do your babies get fully named in utero?

I like to name them as soon as we find out the sex. That way we have plenty of time if we do not fall in love with a name right away. Also, I feel like it helps me bond with the baby before arrival. If they already have a name then I will never catch myself referring to him/her as "the baby," but instead always by their name. I really like it that way.

Advertisement

erinofgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #62
nrsenadenos
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had all of ours picked out, including middle, before birth. The only exception was my last, who was team green, and we did have a full boy and a full girl name picked out, just had to wait for the big reveal. We do not share names until after the birth though.
And someone NEW coming in October! Plus 2 angels, 8 chickies, 2 ducklings, and a wolfdog.
nrsenadenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #63
michiko
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smblake View Post
All of our kids have been fully named in utero and we have not regretted the names we've chosen for even a second.

We don't feel like we have to see the baby first to know their name, our opinion is more of, they will fit the name we've chosen just fine.

We have found out gender for all of them.
This. All of our kids fit their names perfectly.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:33 AM   #64
zandj
Registered Users
seller
seller

we never commit to a name before baby is born, we have a list of sorts usually but with DD we barely had a list, I just didn't like anything besides the one name I had had stuck in my head since early pregnancy but didn't want to name her till we saw her. Poor thing was officially nameless for a couple days lol
Old 07-26-2013, 08:52 PM   #65
ladybugluvr2004
Registered Users
seller

I couldn't imagine not having my babies named before he or she arrived in the world. Right from the very start, we use their names. I want them to get to know it as soon as possible. We have had trouble picking names but by the time he or she was due we already had names for each sex just in case the ultrasound was wrong.
ladybugluvr2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #66
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Kevin had his name almost as soon as I knew he was a boy. I went back and forth with Jevin and Jared.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #67
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
We had a list of 3 or 4 of each gender this time. Our #7 was born a week ago. We decided on her first name about 3 hours after birth. Middle name about 8 hrs. After. We both truly can tell within a few hours what name fits best.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:21 AM   #68
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We pick out a name in the event of boy, girl, or even twins. The baby's name is chosen but baby is not referred to as such until after birth. DH told my mom our girl name for this time & now she is calling *my* 4 month fetus "Savannah." We don't even know that we're having a girl, so I really dislike that. Plus if we lost a baby, we would pick a name, but it may be a different name so I know what I will name my child, but that's not the child's name until birth, kwim?
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 06:05 AM   #69
DealSeekingMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:

We didn't know the sex, but we still couldn't come up with any girl names (I just *knew* it was a boy). When he was born, we picked one name a little after he was born, a name we had talked about. The midwife put the name on his forms and his footprint sheet. THEN my husband decides it was not quite right, so about an hour after he was born we settled on his name! I was going to KILL my husband, but we ended up picking a name I'd rooted for the whole way! This time, I'm hoping to have a little more clarity before I go into labor, but if not I'm not worried. The baby will be named at some point.

I'm a deal seeking momma, always on the look out for the best online sale and deals! Hands down best site out there: www.stealengine.com Happy to help you find specific deals, or give tips on where to find deals online Message me if you need help.
DealSeekingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:08 AM   #70
Mommy2TwoGirls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I put yes in the poll... although I guess it can be interpreted differently lol

With my first we had names picked out (boy name first and middle, girl first but no middle) before we found out the sex... once we found out she was a girl I didn't have a middle name until about 10 weeks prior to her birth. I refered to her by her name in utero as well.

With my second we had full names picked out when we told people we were pregnant (12 weeks). Once we found out she was a girl we refered to her by that name and I haven't regreted her name in the least.

With my current pregnancy (31w2d) things are definitely different. .. this is our first team green baby and first "surprise, you're prego!!" Pregnancy lol we have a boy name picked out (since it will be a 'third jr')... we have a first namr for a girl but no middle name yet. For some reason I just feel like this is a boy - but can't explain why... so I'm not concerned - but want to have a middle girl name picked out prior to labor... just in case I am wrong lol. I'd be happy with either sex though ;-) this baby is obviously not being refered to as a name -just "baby" and "it" or "he/she".
Mommy2TwoGirls is offline   Reply With Quote