Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2013, 06:51 AM   #31
WannaBeGreen2011
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash

11-12 outside is a TON cooler than 3:30-4:30. like today, at 11am it was 82. at 4pm, it was 97. before noon is the best/only time to be outside, unless it's after dark. but, we won't be doing that.

the quiet time in the afternoon (1-5) is pretty necessary because i work from home. i HAVE to allow myself a few hours in the day to work.

the library isn't an option. they charge monthly fees to participate in any activities, or rent books.
Your library charges to rent books!? That's crazy! I've never heard of that!! I would be so butt-hurt if I had to pay for the use of the library...

And I didn't realize you worked from home..that helps to have the solid block of quiet time then.

Advertisement

WannaBeGreen2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #32
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Maybe feeding them more often would help? DS is a terror if its too long between snacks or if I forget and just give him fresh fruit for a snack with no protein or complex carbs.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:46 AM   #33
Serafina33
Registered Users

Re: WHAT DO I DO!? so frustrating!

Your older kids are old enough to do paid chores for some pocket change?
It turns my bickering kids into instant efficient, well behaved entrepreneurs if they have a chance to earn even 50 cents. The whole thing can be an hour of peace for a single coin. Just a thought I didn't hear anyone mention.
Serafina33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:10 AM   #34
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafina33 View Post
It turns my bickering kids into instant efficient, well behaved entrepreneurs if they have a chance to earn even 50 cents. The whole thing can be an hour of peace for a single coin. Just a thought I didn't hear anyone mention.
To add to this, what also works well is my girls know if I hear them bickering too much, I make them do chores. So they learn pretty quick that getting along is much more fun.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:32 AM   #35
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeGreen2011 View Post
Your library charges to rent books!? That's crazy! I've never heard of that!! I would be so butt-hurt if I had to pay for the use of the library...

And I didn't realize you worked from home..that helps to have the solid block of quiet time then.
It's a percentage of your utility bill to sign up (we haven't even done that), and there is a fee every month, I believe. A friend of mine had a library card, and canceled her membership because of this.

yeah, i work from home... realistically, i need 6-8 hours a day of quiet, but sometimes it doesn't happen. we woke up late this morning so they are outside now. it's about 84 degrees, so not too bad.
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:33 AM   #36
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinktoes View Post
Maybe feeding them more often would help? DS is a terror if its too long between snacks or if I forget and just give him fresh fruit for a snack with no protein or complex carbs.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
they pretty much eat whenever they want, i just prefer to have set meal times if i am going to schedule everything else. i never deny them food, so if they get hungry, they know where the snacks are. the only thing they have to ask for is meals. they can have all the snacks they want.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #37
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafina33 View Post
they do have chores. taking the trash out, drying dishes, putting away dishes, straightening the art area, etc.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:34 AM   #38
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
To add to this, what also works well is my girls know if I hear them bickering too much, I make them do chores. So they learn pretty quick that getting along is much more fun.
my kids enjoy cleaning. i can't punish with that. they almost get excited when i tell them to clean the kitchen floor, or put away laundry. :/
Old 07-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #39
leyash
Registered Users
seller

so far it has been a pretty successful morning. no fighting, and we've been up for a few hours! could i have found the trick? next thing up - inside to cool off, have a snack, and watch their favorite animal planet show. baby is napping, and i'm getting some work done!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:05 PM   #40
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leyash
so far it has been a pretty successful morning. no fighting, and we've been up for a few hours! could i have found the trick? next thing up - inside to cool off, have a snack, and watch their favorite animal planet show. baby is napping, and i'm getting some work done!
Wow that's great
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote