Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
Registered Users
question for JEEBEE

Hi jeebee

I'm new to the forum. I saw your posts from a year and a half ago about your newborn who had rapid breathing but no other symptoms. Did your baby eventually grow out of it? How long did it take? My 6 day old also has a very rapid rate at about 70-80 breaths on average. Otherwise she is perfect and is not struggling to breathe or turning blue. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!!

npp33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: question for JEEBEE

Hey!!! Wow I hardly log in these days but just happened to today and so glad I saw this!

We went to the ER and she was checked over, at 6 days old. My midwife also checked, my mom checked her (nurse), the doctor checked her, they said nothing on the lungs, no signs of anything else, and not to worry, she just breathes fast.

She did stop around 4 weeks old, all anybody could put it down to was her body adjusting to the outside world?

Was your baby a waterbirth by any chance... i always wonder if this could have had anything to do with it?

I was overly nervous because I have been GBS+ for my first two births, both times I didn't get the antibiotics in time due to quick labours (5 and 6 hours total, 3 and 4 hours at hospital). The third time I didn't even bother to get tested as I was having a HB and I didn't see I would be able to get the antibiotics in time again anyway. As it turns out my labour was 1hr45mins so it wouldn't have happened even if I had a hospital birth. I probably wouldn't have even made it so I feel glad I had the HB. But that was what did make me very nervous, since I know that breathing issues can indicate an infection. However, they did check her very carefully and she was fine.

She is a normal healthy 20 month old now.

Hope that helps! and Hugs! I know it can be very stressful, congrats on the baby!
Jen=mummy to L and S and A, my birthday thief, and one little baby-not-to-be 14/2/14
I sell patterns for OSFM covers and fitted diapers, please check out

Last edited by jeebee; 07-12-2013 at 04:54 AM.
jeebee is offline   Reply With Quote