Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2013, 10:03 PM   #571
7arrows4God
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Wow your girls are so very very beautiful, what do they weigh now, they look so filled out now. Love those little shirts, what brand are they?

Advertisement

Canadian mama to 13 blessings ds(18), ds(17), ds(15.5), ds(13.5), dd(11.75), ds(10), ds(8.5), ds(6.5), dd(5.5), dd(3.5), dd(2.5) , ds(15 months) and #13 due end of AUGUST. And yes that is while nursing night and day. :O)
7arrows4God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #572
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
I'm 32w5d today. My BP is down, but there is still 2+ protein in my urine according to the urinalysis strips, but it all comes down to the 24hr urine. They gave me one steroid injection today and ill get the second one tomorrow. They take 48hrs to start working after the second one is given. So I'm praying for holding out until this weekend at least.
Hoping you can get that 2nd steroid shot, and possibly some bedrest to extend those babies in as long as possible. 33 weeks would be nice, though, especially with having those steroid shots! My 'goal' is to get to 32-34, I'm so nervous about going any sooner. I hope everything goes well!! Hope you are either sent home to rest, or we get to see pictures of two beautiful healthy babies!
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #573
ilovemygirl
Registered Users

My Mood:

Dani - I hope you get good news and can do home bed rest. Good Luck!

MyKzoo - I'm glad you are going to tour the other place. Hopefully you will know which place to go with after you see it.

Kristen- They are sooooo precious. That is a great pic! Do you have any idea yet as to when they might be able to go home? Were you able to stay admitted? I know you are very far from the hospital.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #574
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Well ladies, I am in pregnant lady jail until delivery. My results came back at 792. Anything past 300 is the cut off. I had prepared myself to stay so I am not upset. I just hope and pray we can keep them in for a few more weeks.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #575
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Well ladies, I am in pregnant lady jail until delivery. My results came back at 792. Anything past 300 is the cut off. I had prepared myself to stay so I am not upset. I just hope and pray we can keep them in for a few more weeks.
Will they really let you go a couple more weeks? If so, that is great!! When I hear about protein levels and pre-e symptoms, it seems most DRs induce within the day, or within a couple days at the latest. Hope all goes well for you, keep us posted!! Thank goodness you made it to 33 before all this started, I can't imagine how scary it would be getting this even earlier in a twin pregnancy.

Praying and hoping you have healthy little ones, whenever they arrive!
Old 07-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #576
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily

Will they really let you go a couple more weeks? If so, that is great!! When I hear about protein levels and pre-e symptoms, it seems most DRs induce within the day, or within a couple days at the latest. Hope all goes well for you, keep us posted!! Thank goodness you made it to 33 before all this started, I can't imagine how scary it would be getting this even earlier in a twin pregnancy.

Praying and hoping you have healthy little ones, whenever they arrive!
Well it all depends on my blood pressure at this point. I have bad protein etc, but my BP has been 120/80 or less since yesterday afternoon when I got admitted. That can change at any point so they keep me.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #577
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Well it all depends on my blood pressure at this point. I have bad protein etc, but my BP has been 120/80 or less since yesterday afternoon when I got admitted. That can change at any point so they keep me.
I hope your BP stays low so they can keep baking away! I'm SO nervous about hospital bedrest as my two little ones would have to go to my Mom's (3 hours away) full time since DH works full time and we couldn't afford to put them in daycare during the week. I hope it goes well for you!! How exciting that you are getting so close... I just LOVE seeing pictures and hearing labor/baby stories!!!
Old 07-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #578
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

I hope your BP stays low so they can keep baking away! I'm SO nervous about hospital bedrest as my two little ones would have to go to my Mom's (3 hours away) full time since DH works full time and we couldn't afford to put them in daycare during the week. I hope it goes well for you!! How exciting that you are getting so close... I just LOVE seeing pictures and hearing labor/baby stories!!!
I thought it would be crazy for us too, but they have a whole unit here and kids are welcome. Family room with a washer and dryer, fridge, microwave and play station3 in the rooms, and queen sizes pull out couch. It's really nice. I had no clue and am pleasantly surprised. The food is awesome so far too!
ETA: my bigs are staying at the inlaws. MIL is a teacher and is off for the summer so they're being spoiled rotten with lots of fun activities with their Cookie.

Last edited by danigrace05; 07-10-2013 at 04:38 PM.
danigrace05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #579
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I thought it would be crazy for us too, but they have a whole unit here and kids are welcome. Family room with a washer and dryer, fridge, microwave and play station3 in the rooms, and queen sizes pull out couch. It's really nice. I had no clue and am pleasantly surprised. The food is awesome so far too!
ETA: my bigs are staying at the inlaws. MIL is a teacher and is off for the summer so they're being spoiled rotten with lots of fun activities with their Cookie.
Oh my gosh, that is awesome!! I bet if they told everyone that they had those rooms, everyone would go into preterm labor. So happy for you that it's working out good!!

AFU: I went to my local hospital for a personal tour last night. I asked about their nursery, what they can handle, etc. They can't handle anything before 34 weeks, and if labor needs to be stopped, you need to be monitored, need steroid shots, etc., that ALL happens at the bigger hospital with NICU 30 minutes away. They do the very basic labor/delivery and healthy babies. So there are no 'short stay' rooms, rooms for bedrest, anything like that. Just basic 'deliver here' and go home. Soooo..... definitely feeling like I at least need the tour of the other place, just so I'm more familiar with what THEY offer and what everything looks like in case I need to go there. They said after 34 weeks here, they will do what they can to keep babies with Mom, but if they do need NICU, the 'baby bus' will come get them (like I was told and worried about).

So I'm going to tour the NICU hospital hopefully this week or next week sometime, before my next appointment next Friday for my 28w check-up and growth ultrasound. I'm going to discuss it all at that appointment, and then most likely change, even though I really prefer to stay here and wish that I could make 34+.

Still have contractions daily, but they don't hurt, and they come and go. I may ask to have my cervix checked at my last appointment, because a couple times I have felt like 'change' might be happening. It was a very uncomfortable feeling down there a couple times over the last few weeks. I had hubby get me lots of bottled water since it's easier for me than remembering to fill cups, so I'm drinking a ton of water this week, and still getting a good amount of calories. Trying to take it easy even though my chunky 16 month old climbs on EVERYTHING, so I'm constantly having to lift her down from tables, chairs, the tops of couches.

Hoping that I will get some reassurance at my next appointment, or at least get things stopped if things are happening.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #580
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Oh my gosh, that is awesome!! I bet if they told everyone that they had those rooms, everyone would go into preterm labor. So happy for you that it's working out good!!

AFU: I went to my local hospital for a personal tour last night. I asked about their nursery, what they can handle, etc. They can't handle anything before 34 weeks, and if labor needs to be stopped, you need to be monitored, need steroid shots, etc., that ALL happens at the bigger hospital with NICU 30 minutes away. They do the very basic labor/delivery and healthy babies. So there are no 'short stay' rooms, rooms for bedrest, anything like that. Just basic 'deliver here' and go home. Soooo..... definitely feeling like I at least need the tour of the other place, just so I'm more familiar with what THEY offer and what everything looks like in case I need to go there. They said after 34 weeks here, they will do what they can to keep babies with Mom, but if they do need NICU, the 'baby bus' will come get them (like I was told and worried about).

So I'm going to tour the NICU hospital hopefully this week or next week sometime, before my next appointment next Friday for my 28w check-up and growth ultrasound. I'm going to discuss it all at that appointment, and then most likely change, even though I really prefer to stay here and wish that I could make 34+.

Still have contractions daily, but they don't hurt, and they come and go. I may ask to have my cervix checked at my last appointment, because a couple times I have felt like 'change' might be happening. It was a very uncomfortable feeling down there a couple times over the last few weeks. I had hubby get me lots of bottled water since it's easier for me than remembering to fill cups, so I'm drinking a ton of water this week, and still getting a good amount of calories. Trying to take it easy even though my chunky 16 month old climbs on EVERYTHING, so I'm constantly having to lift her down from tables, chairs, the tops of couches.

Hoping that I will get some reassurance at my next appointment, or at least get things stopped if things are happening.
That sounds like a good plan. This hospital is 53miles from my house, but its the best in the state. So that is ultimately why I switched from the other hospital that was just like you explained with only the well baby nursery. I'm praying you're still closed and the water does the trick. Take it easy mama.

AFM: BP has crept up today 140/96. I'm praying it goes back down. I had to wake up really early for labs and monitoring so I have been trying to go back to sleep ever since then. I did get a few minutes in before they woke me again. It just worries me that this was my pressure from right when I woke up and haven't been doing anything. :/