Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2013, 08:00 PM   #1
allishaj22
Registered Users

rear facing

any recommendations of convertible rear facing carseats?? my little one is already 13.3 pounds at 6 weeks so we're going to look for a convertible one soon and we've never had to use one this early.. suggestions??

Advertisement

allishaj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:21 PM   #2
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: rear facing

I had the graco my ride 65 which I loved. It is BIG and bulky but it's roomy and comfy. That unfortunately got hit by a car and now I have the safety 1st guide 65 I think. I knew I wanted one that went rearfacing to 40 lb and then forward till 65. I like the new one, he can see out the window easier, seems comfortable, and it's great if you have a small car b/c its a lot more compact but it doesn't have quite the comfy factor that the graco did.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #3
maramarrie
Registered Users
seller

I've never used one, but the photos I've seen of the TrueFit make it look super roomy and comfy - like a big recliner. We've used Britax convertibles, which are low on space for the ERF kiddos, but my kids have been on the small side and it didn't matter (DS was RF to his 4th birthday in a Britax). If you think your child will be on the higher end of the charts, I'd look at something other than Britax. Other mamas here can give you a better recommendation than I can, I'm sure.
maramarrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

If your kiddo is going to be football player...I'd look into the Radian. RF to 45 pounds, super tall, and the sides are low so there is more leg room.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

We have a Diono Radian. I think it weighs more than my kiddo does. I think it is great if you don't do a lot of switching up of cars(we don't) as it is heavy. My youngest hit about 20lbs at 4 months so just in case we used tax returns and splurged. He is now 25 months old/28-30lbs/34" tall. He fits really nicely rearfacing still. He still has plenty of room to grow taller and heavier. I don't see any issue with him going to 3 and maybe even 4 years rearfacing. Depends on how he continues to grow. My middle child probably could have gone rearfacing until 6 or 7, maybe older.

It wasn't cheap though.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:24 AM   #6
Bellaroo
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
If your kiddo is going to be football player...I'd look into the Radian. RF to 45 pounds, super tall, and the sides are low so there is more leg room.
This. We used a TrueFit from birth and did not meet our rearfacing goals because our son grew so quickly (he was 16lbs at 7 weeks). I loved the seat tremendously but it is definitely not the best if you have a rapid gainer.
Bellaroo is offline   Reply With Quote