Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2013, 06:08 AM   #1
stephyjmu05
Registered Users
seller

How are the check-ups going...

Had our 12 week visit and doctor says little bean is doing great...heart beat is right on target. Besides feeling like my internal organs are being rearranged by a baseball bat everything is going good here...how are you ladies doing? good check-ups?

Advertisement

Mommy To A (5) and soon to be mommy to new baby
stephyjmu05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 05:23 PM   #2
lovin to be mommy
Registered Users

Re: How are the check-ups going...

Doing good here. I have my next app Tuesday and I'll be 14 weeks 5 days. Now that the all day sickness has *finally* subsided I don't really even feel preggo so this app is kinda a nervous/excited one to wait for.
lovin to be mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #3
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:

Everything is looking good here. My appointment is next wednesday. I'll be 14 weeks and 3 days then. I'm 13 weeks today. My last appointment, my MW said everything was looking great. I did have to get some phenegren and zofran for the yuckies -_- I take the phenegren at night and occasionally in the early afternoon for really bad days (and then nap with the littles). The zofran hasn't really helped me much so I haven't been using it. I do have the seabands and they help some but they're tight on my wrists and leave my hands feeling tingly/numbish so I can only use them for short periods of time. I usually wear them all morning, take them off for a couple hours around lunch and then wear them all afternoon and take them off when I take the phenegren. It seems to work pretty well for me that way. At least I'm not throwing up so much with this routine. I'm trying the B6 too but I'm not sure if it's helping yet. I'm trying to find the right dosage for me. Great thing about my last checkup though! At my first one, my CNMW had mentioned possibly needing to have an early blood sugars test bc of my weight and my previous baby's size (Michael was 11#3oz. at birth). I've never had GD and had no blood sugar issues with Michael, he's just big. Both my previous 2 babies (girls) were on the big side. Heather, my oldest, was 8#10oz. 2 weeks early. Mikayla was 7#10oz a week late (she's my lightweight LOL) She's still petite even at 3.5yo...as small as some 2yos! But she's stayed on her curve...anyway, they were going to do an early GD test, but when the blood draw testing came back from that 1st appt. she said that since they were "perfect" I wouldn't have to do the early test!!! Especially since I was still so sick all the time and it's still not showing any signs of easing off either. So I will only have to worry about the normal 28 week GD testing! YAY!
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:29 PM   #4
mhschool6
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

All is well here! Had a visit with my midwife this past week. I just love her, and am getting really excited about having a homebirth this time around. Baby's hb was in the 160's. And other than needing a nap here and there, I am feeling pretty good! Now to catch up from all that lying around I did in the first trimester, lol!!
Hannah- married to M for 14 yrs: Mama of 7 amazing children! Ages 13yrs down to 23mos And expecting #8 January 2014!!!
mhschool6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #5
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

everything is going great over here too! Had ultrasound on 7/3 at 11 w 4 days and baby was measuring 2 days ahead with a hb of 175 Then had OB visit on the 10th, and all seemed to be great. I can easily find baby with my doppler at home too. Today I am having short shooting pains near my left ovary... im guessing its just stretching.

Next OB appt is on 8/9 and we find out the gender on 8/23!! SOOOOOO excited!

Last edited by swrlgrl105; 07-15-2013 at 01:30 PM.
swrlgrl105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
shoesundone
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I haven't had my first appt yet! I waived all the first trimester screening stuff and had to reschedule. My first appt is on Wednesday. I'm so excited!
shoesundone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #7
*LizziesLoops*
Registered Users
Formerly: angelami4
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had my prenatal appointment this past Wednesday. She said everything is looking good. Baby's hb was around 155. (Baby was wiggling a lot and it took a while to find her. LOL) We scheduled the US for Sept. 4th (20 weeks). I'm really tempted to call and schedule it for 19w3d the wednesday previous to that date though. I don't want to wait until September to find out! LOL I may call monday and see if I can talk them into it. I may just say I have something going on that day that I'd forgotten about LOL I'm so ready to know what we're having!
~Amy Eddie: Heather (1/7/2007), Mikayla (11/4/2009), an angel baby (3/29/11), and Michael Edward(3/22/12) We are now expecting baby #4 in January 2014!!!

*LizziesLoops* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #8
JasmineMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Mine have been good (if stressful for me because of the losses) so far. This next one is going to be a fight because I'm not doing the GD test (my ob does it at 16 AND 28 weeks just to torture poor moms).
Old 11-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #9
Kfischer
Registered Users

My Mood:
So it has been almost seven years since my last bundle of joy and I'm in a different state so things are really different for me, including dr check ups. I'm 33 weeks and haven't been checked down there even tho I have complained if contractions a pelvic pubic pressure...not really complaining about it because that was always my least favorite part of seeing the dr. However when I lived in KY for my two other pregnancies I could of swore they started checking me already which is kind of creepy now that I think about it. How about u ladies, have u had a pelvic exam yet in your final months?

This go round I opted out of all the testing ...I did everything offered previously because I thought that's jus what you do BUT after such difficulty TTC this time around, giving up and then being surprised with "your pregnant" I didn't want to do anything to jeopardize the pregnancy from moving fwd and if there was something wrong I didn't want to think about it for the entire pregnancy. Did all of you get the tests, why or why not and wha pregnancy is this for you?

Oh what's up with the flu and tetnus shot?? I swear I don't ever remember it being recommended with my other pregnancies but now it's all I'm hearing about??? Is it a newer thing (within last 7 years) or is it because I'm due in January and that's a cold month??

Sorry I just babbled on I don't have anyone to talk to that is due with me ...I have two sisters both pregnant but one is march and we aren't talking and the other is end of January with twins so not really the same things and oh yeah we don't talk thanks for listening whoever is on this dead thread haha
Kfischer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:50 PM   #10
my5sons
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm listening! :-) It's bummed me out that hardly anyone has said much of anything in the due in Jan. group...the due date list hasn't been updated since July I think and there are a bunch of us who have yet to be added! :-(

Anyhow...I know how it is having a pregnancy after several years since the last...there are about 6 years between DS2 and DS3 and it was like starting all over!

I opted to not have a lot of tests too. I didn't bother with the quad screen. I mean, my husband and I both agreed that it doesn't matter if it comes back positive for Downs or whatever; it won't change anything, we'll still love this baby no matter what. I also chose not to have the flu or pertussis shots.

Tomorrow will be ultrasound number 762! Well, 6 or 7, anyway ;-) I have a subchorionic hemorrhage that is still being watched, so I've had ultrasounds every visit, and because of that no pelvic exam at all. I am 31 weeks, so I don't know what that will mean when I am a few weeks from delivery, if that SCH is still there...

This is pregnancy number 7 for me. We have 6 boys and we are ALL beyond excited to finally have a little girl joining this family! Although I probably won't know what the heck to do with her after all these boys...lol