Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #111
millermyer2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Everything is going good here! We are in the middle of moving and are getting ready baby N's court date. I am always anxious for court dates.

Advertisement

Old 07-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #112
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am having trouble finding local support or just anyone to talk to. The couple of people that I have just tell me how awful my county is. Great, thanks for the encouragement. We still wait to really get started.
Old 07-17-2013, 10:21 PM   #113
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: June/July Adoption and Foster Care Chat Thread

Newmommy, how was court?
Old 07-18-2013, 08:49 AM   #114
wooly_wonderful
Registered Users
Formerly: lxl***ca
seller

My Mood:
Joining you all! We've had our license again for a couple months and were placed with a 2 week old baby boy yesterday!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
wooly_wonderful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #115
katiejack
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly_wonderful View Post
Joining you all! We've had our license again for a couple months and were placed with a 2 week old baby boy yesterday!

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum
Congratulations!
katiejack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:46 PM   #116
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Concurrent! Yay! The judge loves mom he was practically apologizing for changing the plan. I don't get it. I wonder what she would have to do to get his attention? The fathers were both present and they got a good lecture. They both expressed displeasure at the thought of adoption and the judge essentially said well wth? You are doing nothing what do you expect? Lol! Grandma is still wanting the older kids but there is a hold up on the licensing end. Im very worried that they will move him if she gets her stuff straightened out.

Im glad but obviously not comfortable yet. We are getting a new SW and I'm worried she won't be as tough on mom as the last one.
Old 07-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #117
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Another update on me, my headaches are nearly gone! Only 1 or 2 very mild ones a week and I haven't had a migraine in a month and a half! I have really been enjoying our summer as a family of 4! Whatever bonding problem I had with j is gone, I would do anything for him. I love to think about our future with him in our family, I hope to plan a yo gabba gabba birthday party in october and I am thinking up coordinating costumes for the kids for halloween! As difficult as he can be he is such a blessing to our family! He would leave a big hole if he left. Its a scary thought.
Old 07-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #118
isabelsmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiejack View Post
Just this morning we got called (separate calls) for 2 baby boys - a 4 & 1 month old. Looks like we weren't chosen for the 4 month old (no cps call back) but are still waiting for the call for the 1 mo. old.

Update: we got called for a newborn girl this afternoon, and 45 minutes later, picked her up! Wow - we now have a 3.5 week girl and a 2 day old girl and are a full house!
Wow, katiejack!! That's fantastic! Sounds like our house, except we have a 5 week old and a 5 month old, both boys! How are you doing??
Lisa, child of the One True King, momma to Beanie 5/08 , soon to be adoptive momma to Tank 6/13 and foster for now/hoping to be forever momma to Blue 1/13 and wife to the love of my life The Fun One 10/02
isabelsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:43 PM   #119
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I, that's good. Best you could have gotten, I suppose. SO happy to hear about the headaches disappearing and your bond to J! Fabulous!

How do you with multiple babies do it? I've been thinking about seriously taking another (not concurrent as we don't really want to adopt after we adopt our current, but would in the right situation) but not sure I can hack it? As my baby turns into a toddler, I don't think it would be good for her to take one out of age order so that leaves us with single babies under a year old.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #120
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:

Hey ladies! Things are going well here. Abraham's birthmom's delivery date was changed to aug 21, although she doesn't think she will make it until then. She's planning on parenting (dad is back out of the picture), but is wanting us to help out with his care while she is in school. We decided we would be up for taking him for maybe a month or two, but that's it. I think it would be too hard on all of us to keep him longer than that. If she feels at that point that she can't take him back, we would be happy to adopt him, but not just be long term babysitters.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote