Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #11
Alesmom
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mama Cloth

I bought myself a nice stash and am waiting for AF to return so i can give them a whirl!

Advertisement

Alesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #12
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
My mom is like don't make your daughters wear cloth pads!

Tampons never fit so I was always sore so back to pads. Then I found a mama on ebay that is tryingtosaveumoney who made some. I like them lots!

I feel like I have less flow. I wash with dipes, I am not sore down there.

I don't see mama cloth being different than poo or when you leak with disposables....

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 07-20-2013 at 12:03 AM.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #13
cassie.sattler
Registered Users
seller

i really like the idea of mama cloth but i feel like im so picky, has to have snap wings all natural fibers thin well sewn blah blah blah, its hard to find the perfect pad for my price range.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #14
sublime.mommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Party in my pants has "try one" free for shipping offer.
Old 07-20-2013, 10:04 AM   #15
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alesmom
I bought myself a nice stash and am waiting for AF to return so i can give them a whirl!
Ditto
Old 07-20-2013, 12:21 PM   #16
HappyEarthCreations
Registered Users
Formerly: wonder1one
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime.mommy View Post
I love my cloth. Only issue is that after about a year of use, they've started to stink a little. Anyone know the best way to get them super clean? Should I try stripping them like diapers?
You can add a few drops of Tea Tree Oil to your wash and that should help.
HappyEarthCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #17
Littlebee9702
Registered Users
seller

Anyone know of some great WAHM made cloth pads? I got some from DrammyDroopers on Etsy and love them. They are my firsts. But I was hoping to try some others too but not sure where to start. Doesnt have to be WAHM made, Im just a WAHM myself so I like supporting others
Littlebee9702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #18
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassie.sattler View Post
i really like the idea of mama cloth but i feel like im so picky, has to have snap wings all natural fibers thin well sewn blah blah blah, its hard to find the perfect pad for my price range.
Do you mean you demand all natural fibers with no fleece on the back? If so, you might enjoy Fussybutt Moonbow which are very trim and have wool backs (so natural through and through). I thought they might be a little thicker than I would like b/c of the same-fabric wings, but they really are one of the thinnest out there. I discovered that I prefer fleece backs b/c I can use enzyme detergents with them and swirly or patterned tops b/c... well swirly patterns . For this reason I only have two Fussybutt in my stash. But you might like them! I find that I always have to make some compromises when considering price range more, so that sucks. My favorite brands are all among the priciest.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #19
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebee9702 View Post
Anyone know of some great WAHM made cloth pads? I got some from DrammyDroopers on Etsy and love them. They are my firsts. But I was hoping to try some others too but not sure where to start. Doesnt have to be WAHM made, Im just a WAHM myself so I like supporting others
Almost all the pads out there are WAHM apart from lunapads and gladrags and pads produced by diaper companies. Well, party in my pants is made by several young, mostly unmarried women. Other than that, it's pretty much WAHM, sometimes solo and sometimes a couple of them together. My favorites for different reasons are flannel Party in my Pants, OBV Go with the Flo, and the cotton elemental and flannel ultra lines of New Moon Pads (not the regular line). However, this "flow" I will be testing two liners and a heavy from "Artful Angelfish" on facebook, and I have to say that they really look impeccable. I am a little nervous about the shapes of the ends (I buy long pads and have a flat butt, so they might end up looking like they poke my pant fabric), but I am expecting them to perform well. The prices for testers have a steep discount and so are really competitive.

Deodorants and Diapersticks!
Pain and Sleep oil roll ons too! Inhalers for Allergies, Nausea, Sinus & Germ, Memory & Concentration, and Mood
Keep a look out for more roll on blends in the near future. 5% DS discount code at my etsy shop: DIAPERSWAPPERS5 https://www.etsy.com/shop/DJDeodorants
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:11 AM   #20
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

I use them, my two daughters use them, and at least two of my sisters use them. I also use a cup and so do two of my sisters (one of those sisters also uses cloth pads; this is a total of three of my sisters using natural/reusable menstrual products, thanks to my influence! ) I have experienced many benefits of using them, including shorter, lighter periods. My daughters seldom experience the horrible cramping I endured as a teenager using throwaway pads.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote