Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-16-2013, 04:12 PM   #601
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKzooFamily
How are you doing Danielle? Thinking about you!!

I'm totally miserable today, really hoping it's not a sign that labor is close. Excited for my DR appointment Friday to see how everything is going.
Hey! I'm ok
The preeclampsia has escalated to moderate preeclampsia which just means my bloodwork and blood pressure are worse, but not severe yet. When the labs they just drew come back they're going to decide if I need the iv BP meds and magnesium or not. My pressure is hanging out around 150/90 and they usually don't start meds until 160/100, but my normal BP is around 115/75 so they're a little more concerned since its a big jump. Other than having a bad headache I feel fine. I'm just praying things will hold out one more week.

Advertisement

Old 07-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #602
ilovemygirl
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

Emily - Congrats! Wishing you a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy.

Dani - Thinking of you. I hope you are feeling as well as can be expected and that the complications don't get any worse.

Mykzoo - I hope you are well also. How many weeks do you have left?

AFM - The girls turned two months old yesterday. Where did the time go?
Old 07-18-2013, 05:15 AM   #603
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dani - How are you? Thinking of you! Will they keep you on hospital bedrest much longer? How many weeks would they like to get you to before inducing?

ilovemygirl - How precious they are 2 months old! Are you nursing or cloth diapering? How is everything going with them?

Emily - Welcome!

AFM - Dr's appointment Friday. Had some painful contractions last night that kept coming, but I went to sleep, hoping they would go away. I could have sworn I felt cervical change, so they will check that Friday I'm sure. I'm drinking TONS of water and boost, eating a lot, getting protein, taking it mildly easy (will officially probably stop doing chores this week... but when I see what happens when I stop cleaning.... oy vey). Hubby wants his mother to park her camper in our driveway and 'help', but she will most definitely put me into labor as she stresses me out like crazy, and her and I do NOT get along. Hoping I can continue resting at home, and REALLY hope these little guys stay put longer. Lucky for me it takes 30+ hours of hard, painful, 'real' labor to get any cervical change, so maybe that will be to my advantage this time.

Hope everyone is doing good! I feel like this summer is flying by! I'm 28 weeks on Monday, which will be my first 'milestone' I really wanted to reach hit. We only have one family trip planned for next weekend, it's 4 hours away to see my surro-daughter and her family that we haven't seen in 3 years since her birth, so I don't want to miss it. Hoping these babies stay calm and quiet so we can go.
Expecting (surprise) Baby #5 this summer.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:50 AM   #604
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemygirl
Emily - Congrats! Wishing you a happy and healthy rest of your pregnancy.

Dani - Thinking of you. I hope you are feeling as well as can be expected and that the complications don't get any worse.

Mykzoo - I hope you are well also. How many weeks do you have left?

AFM - The girls turned two months old yesterday. Where did the time go?
Quote:
Dani - How are you? Thinking of you! Will they keep you on hospital bedrest much longer? How many weeks would they like to get you to before inducing?

ilovemygirl - How precious they are 2 months old! Are you nursing or cloth diapering? How is everything going with them?

Emily - Welcome!

AFM - Dr's appointment Friday. Had some painful contractions last night that kept coming, but I went to sleep, hoping they would go away. I could have sworn I felt cervical change, so they will check that Friday I'm sure. I'm drinking TONS of water and boost, eating a lot, getting protein, taking it mildly easy (will officially probably stop doing chores this week... but when I see what happens when I stop cleaning.... oy vey). Hubby wants his mother to park her camper in our driveway and 'help', but she will most definitely put me into labor as she stresses me out like crazy, and her and I do NOT get along. Hoping I can continue resting at home, and REALLY hope these little guys stay put longer. Lucky for me it takes 30+ hours of hard, painful, 'real' labor to get any cervical change, so maybe that will be to my advantage this time.

Hope everyone is doing good! I feel like this summer is flying by! I'm 28 weeks on Monday, which will be my first 'milestone' I really wanted to reach hit. We only have one family trip planned for next weekend, it's 4 hours away to see my surro-daughter and her family that we haven't seen in 3 years since her birth, so I don't want to miss it. Hoping these babies stay calm and quiet so we can go.
Hey ladies, I'm ok. BP fluctuates a lot and isn't high enough to medicate or induce yet so we wait. I'm 34wks today. They say they'll induce regardless if I make it to 37 weeks, but if I make it that far and my pressures are good I'm waiting on spontaneous labor.

Anyone heard from Kristen?
Old 07-18-2013, 08:11 AM   #605
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
Hey ladies, I'm ok. BP fluctuates a lot and isn't high enough to medicate or induce yet so we wait. I'm 34wks today. They say they'll induce regardless if I make it to 37 weeks, but if I make it that far and my pressures are good I'm waiting on spontaneous labor.

Anyone heard from Kristen?
Yes! Both her girls are HOME! And 2 weeks old now, so they were only in NICU/hospital for just under 2 weeks. I'm sure she'll update soon, they are absolutely gorgeous and adorable.

I hope you make it that far, too!! How exciting!
Old 07-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #606
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:

Yes! Both her girls are HOME! And 2 weeks old now, so they were only in NICU/hospital for just under 2 weeks. I'm sure she'll update soon, they are absolutely gorgeous and adorable.

I hope you make it that far, too!! How exciting!
Great news! I hope she updates soon.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #607
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ha my ultrasound at 27.4. Both of the boys are around 3 pounds!! At only 27 weeks!! I'm SO excited! Their weights are 2.9 and 3 even. They are in the 60-80% for their measurements and growth, bigger than the average singleton at this stage! I'm partially thanking Boost, as I've been drinking a TON of those now that I like the flavor. I've also been eating more and drinking more water.

My cervix/uterus is apparently a 5 now, instead of a 4. Not sure if I believe that, but anything above a 4 is excellent, so they think I will most likely go full term. I am off bedrest and they said to just ignore contractions, relax when I get them, and if it seems SUPER serious to go in. But it looks like everything is locked up tight and they are safe. I will be 28 weeks on Monday. Can't wait to keep chugging along. I talked to her about steroid shots, but she said that if they can develop in utero, they are stronger and healthier that way, than developing through steroids or out of utero. So hopefully I won't need them, but they will give them if I have any labor issues again.

How is everyone else?
Old 07-20-2013, 05:30 PM   #608
kricket24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Rachel, so glad things are going well! I hope you make it further than me and avoid any NICU time! Great job on their weights, wow! That's great!

Dani, hope things are going well and you and babies are still hanging in!

AFU, both babies are home and doing great! I'm still keeping up with their milk demands thank goodness! Mainly pumping and bottle feeding so we know how much they're getting but I'm just happy they're getting EBM right now. So far so good with two babies! Hubby and my mom have been a HUGE help!
Old 07-22-2013, 07:54 AM   #609
danigrace05
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I am 34wks4days today. NST went great and they did the fluid and growth scan today instead of tomorrow. Fluid was great and baby a is estimated 4lb7oz and B is estimated 5lb1oz. They were 3lb3oz and 3lb9oz twenty days ago. C didn't have to work today so we went to Starbucks and ate breakfast together. It was really nice. Ill know this evening after the repeat 24hr urine if I get to go home or not. Prayers please!
Old 07-23-2013, 06:35 AM   #610
ilovemygirl
Registered Users

My Mood:

Mykzoo - So happy to hear you are doing well and off bedrest. Please continue to take it easy though.

Dani - I'm glad to hear your little ones are still doing well and cooking ...lol. I hope you are feeling well .. as well as you can in this situation anyway. It's nice you got that time with DH. I will be keep praying for you and your little ones.

Is anyone else who delivered still reading this read other than Kristen and I. If so, I'm wondering about something. I lost a lot of weight when I gave birth. It was about 25 pounds. After another two weeks I lost another twenty. Naturally I felt great after all that swelling was gone but my stomach was still distended on top and it still is after two months. Does anyone else still look pregnant? I had my last visit with my OB only a month after the birth and he said everything seemed fine but I don't feel right. It's hard to explain ... it's not fat, it's like this fullness. Any thoughts?

Otherwise, we are doing well. My girls are full of smiles these days. It's the best feeling in the world.