Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #81
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
Thank you so much Lea, I may take you up on that as we get closer. I keep getting "It may be a true clubfoot or it may be an effect of the twinning. She's squished, so it's hard to tell." There does appear to be an orthopedist who specializes in treatment of clubfeet about 30 min from where we'll be & a Shriner's Hospital about 2.5 hrs away.
Sounds like your news gets a little bit rosier each time. Glad you have doctors close by.

As for me, I have the anatomy scan on August 19. I really hope, and kind of think its a girl. I felt the baby kick really good a week ago and it lasted for two days. Movement has stopped now. I guess it's normal but I wish it was more consistent.

Advertisement

Old 07-20-2013, 06:43 PM   #82
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:
Re: July 2013 chat :)

I have an ultrasound scheduled on July 30th to check everything out . Much earlier than I thought it would be!
rumblepurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #83
s2grace
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by solobluedancer View Post
Sounds like your news gets a little bit rosier each time. Glad you have doctors close by.

As for me, I have the anatomy scan on August 19. I really hope, and kind of think its a girl. I felt the baby kick really good a week ago and it lasted for two days. Movement has stopped now. I guess it's normal but I wish it was more consistent.
My midwife said it's totally normal to have movement here and there, and there's no worry till you do feel it daily and then you should keep feeling it daily.

carrie, so glad things are looking good for your littles!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rumblepurr View Post
I have an ultrasound scheduled on July 30th to check everything out . Much earlier than I thought it would be!
Yay for that! It's fun to know it's coming.

AFM: We had a good weekend. Nothing too fancy. I was given four HUGE zucchini so I'm making chocolate zuchinni muffins now and shredding some for freezing for later and later this week I'll make a zucchini pie. It tastes exactly like apple pie!

Tomorrow going blueberry picking with friends again then to a splash pad. I don't really need more blueberries but it's fun to take the kids!
Old 07-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #84
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I can't believe we are half way through! I have my Cardiologist appointment tomorrow afternoon. I'm excited to hear what they have to say but also nervous because this will be the deciding factor as to whether I get to labor/how long or if I'll have to have a c/section if my heart can't function during all the pushing. I really really hope I can birth the way I want to! My next ob appointment is Aug 1 so I'll guess I'll update that in the August thread. And one more thing....dh is taking me away a week from tomorrow for a night. He had planned for two nights but my little guy has never been away from me that long so I asked dh if we could just do one night. I'm excited anyway!

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #85
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, I had the appointment. I'm not as happy as I was hoping. They brought up aborting the baby. Apparently my chances of having this happen again are higher than the first cardiologist said. They are doing an ultrasound of my heart on August 5 so we'll know more after that. I don't go back to them until October. The doctor was super nice but didn't sugar coat anything. He also said that they'd most likely do an ultrasound but they will do another ultrasound and ekg in October and make their decision then as to what they'll tell the OB should be done.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #86
solobluedancer
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2boysmama View Post
Well, I had the appointment. I'm not as happy as I was hoping. They brought up aborting the baby. Apparently my chances of having this happen again are higher than the first cardiologist said. They are doing an ultrasound of my heart on August 5 so we'll know more after that. I don't go back to them until October. The doctor was super nice but didn't sugar coat anything. He also said that they'd most likely do an ultrasound but they will do another ultrasound and ekg in October and make their decision then as to what they'll tell the OB should be done.
oh my gosh! I hope you are okay, I can't believe they brought up abortion. I hope you can find someone that will support you. I hope you can just avoid all the complications with a c/s (although I know thats not the top choice for you). I don't know what to say, I hope your okay!!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:18 PM   #87
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
That's awful! Sorry mama. I hope everything works out. Will a c-section avoid the stress on your heart? Or is it still risky? (aside from the normal risks of c-section/surgery)
Old 07-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #88
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Had my anatomy scan this morning! I was nervous, but everything measured normal and healthy. I really thought we were having a boy, because this pregnancy has been so different than DD. But it's another girl! Yay! I was actually hoping for a girl because we've talked about waiting 4-5 yrs before having another baby, and I'd like DD to have a sister closer in age. We're thinking Alice, haven't decided on a middle name yet

Profile:

Gender shot:
Old 07-22-2013, 05:06 PM   #89
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
wouldn't the same thing happen after a termination? i mean, at this point, you're giving birth no matter when...i hope you get a better prognosis next time...there has to be a way to preempt any emergency.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamatoclaire View Post
Had my anatomy scan this morning! I was nervous, but everything measured normal and healthy. I really thought we were having a boy, because this pregnancy has been so different than DD. But it's another girl! Yay! I was actually hoping for a girl because we've talked about waiting 4-5 yrs before having another baby, and I'd like DD to have a sister closer in age. We're thinking Alice, haven't decided on a middle name yet

Profile:

Gender shot:

cute! LOVE alice...it's my mom's middle name and i plan on using it somehow if this baby ends up being a girl....

we had our anatomy scan today too. just w/ a tech so no real news to report. she seemed to be sure of the sex, but knew we were holding out. i posted pics to fb, but here ya go...cute one of the baby's face and a really haha really funny pic of the tummy/legs.

994561_10151808986733993_313908635_n by becksfluff, on Flickr

and one of the belly/legs but nothing else to see

1001015_10151808988008993_1749044990_n by becksfluff, on Flickr
Old 07-22-2013, 05:33 PM   #90
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I think the doctor is an idiot. I'm getting another opinion. Today my blood pressure was 128/68. That's pretty good! I have had no problems since the birth of my son. My blood pressure is controlled when I'm on medication. The doctor was saying I could end the pregnancy as a way to head of any issues that MAY arise. He said the c-section is not safest overall for the whole body but it is safest for the heart muscle and since that was the concern with me that's why he'd suggest that. Really he was young and seemed to hate babies. He said he'd put me on a water pill after the baby was born and it would make it too hard to nurse. Again, I'm going to a different doctor. I was shocked and unhappy.