Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #11
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by expaik View Post
And to be honest, if I were the recipient of gifted money and the buyer opened a case against me I'd be pretty pissed. The reason this strikes a chord with me is that the only times I ask for gifted payment is when a local buyer comes to buy something from me. If they don't have enough cash I let them send paypal, but I ask for it to be sent gifted, which they always do, since they have the item in hand.

To think I could be out the money for an as-is local sale, when gifted funds - which paypal stipulates is NONREFUNDABLE - that makes me a bit upset.
Its wasn't that type of situation and I have screen shots of her asking for gifted paypal.

Advertisement

jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #12
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Fantasy_Fox View Post
If the seller is on ds,please pm me
She's not. It was on a local facebook group.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:29 PM   #13
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Re: Filing a claim when money was sent gifted

Sorry if I came across unsympathetic. I'm not - I really hope you get your money. It's only that - just today - I happened to be on the opposite end of this situation - I was the seller who received gifted paypal in a local craigslist sale. So your issue resonated with me in another way...
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #14
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
I don't think pp will do anything since it was sent as a gift. Sorry but I think you are just out the money.
Yep. That's kind of a consequence for not paying the fee, you lose protection. I had someone rip me off on a ffs deal on another site, learned that lesson the hard way.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #15
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 View Post

Its wasn't that type of situation and I have screen shots of her asking for gifted paypal.
Still wont matter. It will only show pp that you participated in fraud.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #16
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Oh no still? I'm glad they will refund you. Sucks she scammed you though. Karma. Fwiw next time send funded. I only do cash for local transactions and pp for other, even if its not shipping I do pp. ill cover fees to have protection
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #17
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
Oh no still? I'm glad they will refund you. Sucks she scammed you though. Karma. Fwiw next time send funded. I only do cash for local transactions and pp for other, even if its not shipping I do pp. ill cover fees to have protection
I know...I will never do this again. I don't know why I was so trusting. I'm just beyond disgusted. I've had the worst month ever.