Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-29-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
SimplyGreen
Registered Users
seller

Supply questions

Okay so I have a 4mnth old who has been nursing on demand wonderfully!!! In the past month he has started sleeping 4 plus hours at night and is now frequently sleeping 7 to 8 hours straight (usually a couple of nights on a couple of nights off) My problem is my supply seems to be down, not for him, but do not have much extra. Could him sleeping for 7 to 8 hours be contributing to my low supply?? I got up the other night and pumped but it was such a pain its much easier just to nurse him, I really don't want to wake him though, he has been much happier in the mornings, What do I do, Do I need to be pumping to keep my supply up???

Advertisement

SimplyGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
camperjen
Registered Users
seller

Re: Supply questions

do you still have enough for your son? then you have ABSOLUTELY SUFFICIENT AND ADEQUATE SUPPLY, not low supply.

it's true that you have LOWERED supply due to your baby sleeping through, but as long as it's still enough and he's not fussing at the breast, you're doing great.

my son is 9 months and my supply comes and goes in waves - for 1-2 days it's not enough but then all of a sudden it is because he's been nursing for more. then it's too much for a few days and it adjusts and everything's fine again.

you do not NEED to pump that milk overnight unless you want it for freezer stash. your supply (especially at 4 months) is adequate for your baby and your bbs will adjust if you don't pump overnight.
Old 08-29-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
patricelondon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Supply questions

Yeah, your supply will keep up with your baby basically.

Pumping would help. So would oatmeal. I had some last night just before bed and was filled up this morning.
HTH
Baby #4 due Jan 2013

http://madebylovewithlove.wordpress.com/products/[/COLOR]
patricelondon is offline   Reply With Quote