Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #11
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: package supposidly arrived half empty, what to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedaisyma View Post
I would think that since you have proof of how much they weighed on your receipt, then it's not on you? Buyer beware? But I am in the minority, obviously. I would, however, call all the Post Office stops along the way.
Another minority here. .

Advertisement

Old 07-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #12
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAsh View Post
Another minority here. .
Me too!!

I was given some books FFS via DS... when the box finally arrived it had 1 book of 12-14... I was flabbergasted, to put it mildly! I was so sad too because it was a bunch of books we needed for schooling & we didn't have the money to pay for a library card then (we're rural, so we have to pay for a card... about $350 ).

I had paid like $12-14 for the shipping too & only got the one book. In the box USPS had put a note about filing a claim due to some of my merchandise being lost because each item was not individually labeled w/the shipping info... yeah, WHO DOES THAT?!...it said something about sometimes they can recover goods that were separated from their packages if I included pix of the missing merchandise, exact titles, publishers, authors, ISBNs, etc.... & all kinds of other info.

I was going to do it, but I was honestly so overwhelmed by the prospect of doing it (I was pregnant & suffering from horrible hyperemesis) that I just never did it. I read somewhere that if I had taken my receipt into USPS for the shipping I may have gotten reimbursed... but I didn't ship it as I was the recipient & didn't feel like I could handle any more stress since even brushing my teeth was a huge task then...

I never asked the DS mama to reimburse me, as it was FFS.. she was very apologetic & emailed me pix of the listing so I could try to read the ISBNs, titles, authors, etc. from the books in the pix but it was really insane trying to get that info... I would have had to have looked up the book titles from what I could read in the pix, guessed the publication year by the book cover, & then guessed on the ISBNs based upon what I thought they were from the book covers... way too much effort for POSSIBLY getting books back.

Anyway, all that said to say that perhaps you can at least get reimbursed for part of the shipping?? I think YOU can file a claim for the missing merchandise... or maybe she has to with it being sold by a person as opposed to a business. I would call though, like PPs said, & see if anybody has them!

So sorry, that really stinks !!
Old 07-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #13
33andunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Someone just posted about insurance now being included by USPS. Perhaps you can check your receipt to see if you are covered?
Old 07-29-2013, 11:23 PM   #14
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33andunder
Someone just posted about insurance now being included by USPS. Perhaps you can check your receipt to see if you are covered?
It's only included for priority. This package was sent parcel post
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:30 AM   #15
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

Thanks guys. I guess I sold 8 bges for $17 after giving her a half refund and after my $11 shipping charge and pp fees. I am so irritated. I didn't know parcel post would get damaged, I always ship parcel unless buyer requests priority or if priority isn't much more. How very frustrating. I think I am DONE selling online.
Old 07-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #16
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

Sorry Mama. Yeah insurance is the sellers responsibility per PayPal Terms.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #17
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
each item was not individually labeled w/the shipping info... yeah, WHO DOES THAT?!
I did that after I had the very damaged package. I made sure each item was addressed as though it were being shipped separately before packaging them together. Considering I have for the last year had 75% of my packages arrive to me with mild to heavy damage I wanted to make absolutely certain my items arrived at their destination regardless of what the po did to them.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:00 AM   #18
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarbabies View Post
Thanks guys. I guess I sold 8 bges for $17 after giving her a half refund and after my $11 shipping charge and pp fees. I am so irritated. I didn't know parcel post would get damaged, I always ship parcel unless buyer requests priority or if priority isn't much more. How very frustrating. I think I am DONE selling online.
Using flat rate boxes, and regional rate boxes, parcel is almost never cheaper anymore.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:57 PM   #19
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post

Using flat rate boxes, and regional rate boxes, parcel is almost never cheaper anymore.
I didn't think they even did parcel anymore.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:25 AM   #20
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607

I didn't think they even did parcel anymore.
It is parcel select now