Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-29-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DC says delivered a year ago in another state

Has anyone else had this happen recently? I placed a few orders on eBay to surprise DF and decided to check the DC numbers today to see if anything might arrive tomorrow (you know, because getting packages in the mail is like the highlight of my day ) and I noticed two of them said delivered. I looked closer and saw they are both delivered to a different state, and freaked out, until I saw that they were delivered last year. I don't understand. Wouldn't the USPS clear out the history of a DC number before reusing it? What do I do if these packages don't arrive? Will PayPal notice that these aren't accurate tracking numbers? And that the states of delivery aren't in my address history?

I tried emailing both sellers but haven't heard back. One seller I emailed after I purchased because I received two receipts for payment so I wanted to double check that they only received one payment from me, and they never did respond, they just completely ignored me, so I can see this being a big problem with that seller at least if their package doesn't show up.

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2013, 06:24 AM   #2
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Re: DC says delivered a year ago in another state

Are these items things that could be mailed in an envelope, such as gift cards, vouchers, or coupons?

I ask because many sellers will just put in a fake or random tracking number for non-trackable shipments to satisfy ebay's requirement to upload tracking in order to retain their Top-Rated status. I do that as well, although I put in something like "010101firstclassenvelope" so the buyer doesn't think it's a real tracking number.
expaik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:40 AM   #3
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by expaik View Post
Are these items things that could be mailed in an envelope, such as gift cards, vouchers, or coupons?

I ask because many sellers will just put in a fake or random tracking number for non-trackable shipments to satisfy ebay's requirement to upload tracking in order to retain their Top-Rated status. I do that as well, although I put in something like "010101firstclassenvelope" so the buyer doesn't think it's a real tracking number.
No, these are larger items that will be coming in a package.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:56 AM   #4
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Sounds like a scam. I would file with eBay. They will see when you purchased and when the item was delivered.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #5
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
Sounds like a scam. I would file with eBay. They will see when you purchased and when the item was delivered.
agreed. Very strange that it happened from 2 different sellers though!
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:18 AM   #6
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishie Kisses View Post
agreed. Very strange that it happened from 2 different sellers though!
Exactly. That's why I'm wondering if you accidentally looked at the wrong transaction, or copied and pasted the wrong tracking numbers somehow.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Exactly. That's why I'm wondering if you accidentally looked at the wrong transaction, or copied and pasted the wrong tracking numbers somehow.
I've been checking it by clicking the tracking number directly in eBay. When I saw that, I copied and pasted them at usps.com and it says the same thing, and that the numbers have been archived. I'll send them both one more email today and let them know that I'll have to file to protect myself if they cannot provide an accurate number.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
expaik
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMama13 View Post
I've been checking it by clicking the tracking number directly in eBay. When I saw that, I copied and pasted them at usps.com and it says the same thing, and that the numbers have been archived. I'll send them both one more email today and let them know that I'll have to file to protect myself if they cannot provide an accurate number.
I'm just too curious. Are these two items coming from the same seller (often the same person will have multiple seller accounts)?

How are the feedback ratings of these seller(s)? Have you purchased from them before?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:52 AM   #9
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What a little stranger to me is one delivery date is October 16 2012 and the other is October 19 2012. Is there something wrong with October of last year?

I sent them both one more email.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #10
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm just too curious. Are these two items coming from the same seller (often the same person will have multiple seller accounts)?

How are the feedback ratings of these seller(s)? Have you purchased from them before?
I they are both different sellers. One says the seller is in California, they have 100% feedback but only 49 ratings. The other just says they are in the United States, they have 99.6% feedback but have 17435 ratings. The seller names are nothing alike. I've never purchased from these sellers before. These are for something new DF has been getting into, so they're items I haven't purchased before, but couldn't find them locally. Both items are new.