Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #181
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: June/July Adoption and Foster Care Chat Thread

Just found out this morning that our first placement, twins, are back into foster care. Mom had another baby as well. They won't let us take them because we already have 8 kids in our home and 6 is max in MI. My heart is breaking for them and I miss them so much. They told me they would give the other foster parent our info. I hope she contacts us.

Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #182
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our placement was only here 4 days! It was quick and easy.
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:58 PM   #183
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivparker View Post
Just found out this morning that our first placement, twins, are back into foster care. Mom had another baby as well. They won't let us take them because we already have 8 kids in our home and 6 is max in MI. My heart is breaking for them and I miss them so much. They told me they would give the other foster parent our info. I hope she contacts us.
This makes me so sad. Is the new baby in care too? They must be pretty close in age!
Old 08-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #184
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
This makes me so sad. Is the new baby in care too? They must be pretty close in age!
Yeah, they have 5 kids, 4 and under. I got a call later this afternoon letting me know at the court hearing today, the judge ordered for all the kids to go back home. They still have issues to deal with but something that they can deal with kids still being home.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:43 PM   #185
newmommy13
Registered Users
seller
seller

Well thats good I guess. Thats a mess of little ones. I have to say, I would have problems too!
Old 08-06-2013, 07:24 AM   #186
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommy13 View Post
Well thats good I guess. Thats a mess of little ones. I have to say, I would have problems too!
Yeah, well mom also has 10 other kids that she gave up. So a total of 15. But only 5 she has contact with and 3 any rights to.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #187
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Yeah, well mom also has 10 other kids that she gave up. So a total of 15. But only 5 she has contact with and 3 any rights to.

Well, we just visited with my girls' BM yesterday. It was good I think... Haven't seen her since I dropped her and her kids off at home when she was released from the hospital the day after dd3 was born a year ago. She was really anxious to see the baby.
Dd2 (almost 5) had been asking when we were going to see bm again. She was all over her bm, hugging and snuggling, wanted to play house with bm the mom and she the baby. She has never ever been like that with her before. It's fine with me as long as it's not going to contribute to attachment issues. Which I was considering, but then when she fell off the slide and got hurt she ran to me (screaming) as always. So I felt that it wasn't a problem.
Bm has just been released from a six mo inpatient treatment place. She is working to reunify with her kids again and has a job. Her halfway house is really close to us so we'll likely be seeing a lot more of her for awhile anyway. I am thinking on how to encourage and support her truthfully.
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #188
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I just.. what?! That is, I mean how do you even have 15 kids period? Did she have one a year or something? That is insane. And crazy. And wow. *shaking head*
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #189
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Now they told me the twins are back in foster care again. It feels like the way it did when they first went home but worst. Its one thing for them to go back home but a different foster family.....my heart hurts. I'm sure they are being loved but those are my babies. I went where I'm not supposed to go with them, I fell deeply in love. I dreamed of possibly being able to call them ours forever. I have to hope that Gods hands are in this and He has them where they need to be. I Know He didn't want this Pain, hurt, trauma, to happen to the boys.
I need to get myself up and do something today with my other 8 to get this off my mind today.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #190
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

(((HUGS)))
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote