Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-17-2013, 11:47 AM   #1
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

She self weaned.

My 20 month old dd just self weaned over the past week. She hasn't asked to nurse in 3 days and before that it was once every other day. I was hoping to nurse until she was 2. I am glad we got this far though. It's just kind of sad.

ETA: I did want her to wean. My nipples were getting sore and she never learned proper nursing etiquette. There were other reasons also. I just didn't realize I would feel this way.

Advertisement

Last edited by Cdra; 08-17-2013 at 11:55 AM.
Cdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #2
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: She self weaned.

mama. She MIGHT come back and ask for some. Don't be surprised! Don't worry about the mixed feelings. Very normal.

I had to greatly encourage my first to wean at 24 months, I was so ready plus was 5 months pregnant. #2 self weaned at 26 months and #3 self weaned at 32 mos. I was ambivalent with the second self-weaning; she was seriously no problem at all. I was sad when DS weaned, and I was honestly surprised by that reaction.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

That is sad but I bet she will come back a time or 2.
Dd is 13 months and we love nursing.
I will be sad too when the time comes.

Also even though she has not asked to nurse make sure you still set aside the same amount of time to snuggle together that may make you feel better about her weaning.

Hugs
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
Cdra
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEM Cloth View Post
mama. She MIGHT come back and ask for some. Don't be surprised! Don't worry about the mixed feelings. Very normal.

I had to greatly encourage my first to wean at 24 months, I was so ready plus was 5 months pregnant. #2 self weaned at 26 months and #3 self weaned at 32 mos. I was ambivalent with the second self-weaning; she was seriously no problem at all. I was sad when DS weaned, and I was honestly surprised by that reaction.

Thanks! I am surprised I feel this way. I though I would be jumping for joy. At least I still have cloth diapers
Old 08-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #5
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

We are at 16 months now and some days I am glad he does not nurse so often, and others I wish he would nurse more. I know I will feel the same way when he weans.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote