Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #11
Icryinbaseball
Registered Users

Re: Help us pick a place to live!

Sorry I forgot to add answers
*minimal or non existent humidity, I loved on the central coast in CA and loved that windy coastal weather. We are less than 2 hours from the west coast. And the summers are ok.

*no place with a HUGE amount of snow. I can't handle severe and long winters so in other words, Chicago is out! LOL. We got very little snow last winter

*no place that is bone dry and steaming hot constantly. I lived in Tuscon when I was younger and that was too deserty (if that is a word) The highs here in the summer are in the upper 70's on average.

*a place that is diverse with races/ethnicities. where we currently live is okay as it is a University town. the largest minority is 11% of the population and there are many minority groups represented but i would love an even more diverse community. There is every culture I can think of in the area

*a town of at least 100,000. I dont do way out in the middle of nowhere and you have to drive 2 hours to get to a gas station My house was within 5 miles of 6 gas stations

*suburb or slightly rural living. we dont do urban or city living. We would like a backyard, garden option, etc not a concrete jungle We were in a suburb but on the very edge and not far from farm land and outdoor activities. And then we have Seattle, Tacoma, and Olympia within an hour drive

*place with a lot of opportunity for outdoor activity. My husband does off roading. We do camping, hiking, biking, etc as a family We have Mountains, volcanos, a rain forest, hiking, biking, camping, snow year round, Salmon fishing, Whale watching, Nature preserves, and beaches all within an hour/2 hour drive

*friendly to private schooling or homeschooling There is a Homeschool Co-op and several groups. The WHO holds their fair here in Puyallup.

*family friendly as we have four small kids There is petting zoos, berry farms, fishing, museums (TONS of them), indoor playgrounds out the wazoo, MOPS, and the Washington State Fair is held in Puyallup (actually started yesterday)

*options for gun rights/conceal carry **this isn't an opportunity to debate our opinion on this thread. thanks in advance for not hijacking this thread. Open carry state

Advertisement

Last edited by Icryinbaseball; 09-06-2013 at 08:46 PM.
Icryinbaseball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #12
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Salt Lake City, UT is an awseome place for kids and familes, and meets all your other criteria. I think it is a great place. It truly is family oriented, not just family friendly. And it is so easy to get out out to nature, and good gun laws! If you already have CC permits, they have reciprocity with several other states. And, depending on how highly you rank gun rights, I would say check out San Diego. Have fun!