Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-05-2013, 10:13 PM   #11
megs715
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Snowsuit or coat/snowpants

Yogamama28 I have a Hanna snowsuit for sale in the clothes section (I have it listed in 2t/4T but it is an 80) . I personally vote snowsuit for outside playing and a jacket for normal living stuff.

Advertisement

megs715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 06:13 AM   #12
bobbyjk
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've only done the separate coat/bibbed snow pants for our Ohio winters, never had an issue. Though looking back, I could see how the one piece may have been helpful...Honestly though, take a look at any consignment stores, facebook re-sale groups, consignment sales to find used. Much cheaper and you could get both styles to compare.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #13
taylor's mom
Registered Users

We always do separate coat and snow pants. Much of the time they just need their coat, so it doesn't make sense for us to have whole snowsuits
Old 09-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #14
Computermama
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries416 View Post
I've only done 2 pieces and it worked well. I just need someone to make mittens that actually stay on toddler hands! I did a fleece jacket for car trips so I didn't have to mess with a big coat. We are in Iowa, so similar to Chicago and this worked well when my little one was 15 months, which was his first winter here.
I'm looking at getting Stonz mitts for the girls. They have a toggle at the wrist and one almost at the elbow to really keep it on and keep snow out. They're quite pricey though, so that's making me hesitate to pull the trigger.

I usually get the bib snowpants and coat. The problem I have with the one peice is that it's less forgiving for outgrowth, and snowsuits can be pricey. Bib snowpants are more adjustable.

Last edited by Computermama; 09-06-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #15
yogamama28
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by megs715
Yogamama28 I have a Hanna snowsuit for sale in the clothes section (I have it listed in 2t/4T but it is an 80) . I personally vote snowsuit for outside playing and a jacket for normal living stuff.
I actually saw that! She is just now getting into 2t clothes and I was planning on getting her a 3t coat/snow pants/snowsuit so it can fit her for the entire season. In guessing we'd buy a 90. I wish an 80 would be big enough! I would have snatched it up in a second
yogamama28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #16
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

We like Patagonia here, and I have purchased both 2 piece Puffball sets and the one piece Otter suit. I only buy used and on sale. I like two pieces for smaller children, and then my daughter started out with the one piece in a 4t. Patagonia runs big. My kids always have separate winter coats that have nothing to do with their snow gear. I found that when my daughter was younger, it wasn't as easy for her to manage the bulk of a one piece. Although my son had bibs as a 1 year old and bibs worked out just fine.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:59 PM   #17
EmilyA874
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We do one piece snowsuits (LL Bean or Lands End are my preferred, we get them on sale or from the outlet) for outside play and then opt for one piece fleece suits instead of coats when we go in the car (since you have to take the coat off to get in the carseat, then on again when you get out, etc. I prefer fleece). My DD potty trained last December at 20 months and we never had any issues with not being able to get the one piece suits off quick enough.
EmilyA874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:03 AM   #18
knit~it~good
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I have had snowsuit for the kids but they rarely got used. It's doesn't snow much here and they were a pain to get on them.

My Facebook fan page!
knit~it~good is offline   Reply With Quote