Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #31
kanga1622
Registered Users

Everything but the crib, mattress, umbrella stroller, and dresser. We thought we were done after DS1 so all clothes, bottles, pump, swing, etc. were already passed on. Once DS2 is ready for a conv car seat, DS1 will pass his down and get a new FF harness seat.

Luckily my wrap was passed back to me.

We didn't replace the crib mattress as DS1 used it from 1.5 to 2.5. DS2 has yet to sleep on it for more than 30 minutes. I think it is totally fine since we started with a natural latex inner and organic outer. No chemicals to start with.

Now that we are truly done, we have already committed 0-3 month clothes to a coworker's baby that is due in December.

Sent from my iPod touch using DS Forum

Advertisement

Last edited by kanga1622; 09-06-2013 at 09:59 AM.
kanga1622 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #32
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:
Their own blanket and boppy (that's what we call their lovie blanket)baby book (of course), a few special outfits, a new kit to go with breast pump (for Mom), pacifiers (though I usually just get 2 at hospital and only one of my babies would take one anyway.) Maybe a few new cloth diapers since we are all obsessed.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:04 AM   #33
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
New car seats, amber necklace, bottles, newborn diapers (sold after use), new rocking chair (ours broke twice in 1 year ), new swing since ds burned through THREE - will not buy used this time, and an additional set of a&a blankets.

I'm also getting a bigger diaper bag, possibly a double stroller, and I replaced my aveda pump with a medela because I hated the aveda.

The only other thing I can think of is a new exersaucer and/or jumper when baby is old enough since we sold ours after ds was done, it just took up too much room.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #34
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

Re: What items do you do brand new for each successive baby?

There is nothing that I wouldn't reuse, so long as it is in good condition/not expired. Lulu's baby bucket car seat was on it's third baby (2 sisters, then mine, and now on to my brother, still not expired). The only thing that I will buy new is loveys, because we like to have 3 of them so we don't lose one. The crib is second hand, and being handed down to my brother, but the mattress needs to be replaced - but if it was in good shape it would be passed down too. I have no problem using any sort of used items, so long as they are still in good shape and cleaned well I say use it till it's unusable!
Old 09-08-2013, 09:34 AM   #35
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bottles, nipples and for when they start walking, shoes. Shoes form to fit the foot of the wearer so used shoes can cause problems for the 2nd person to wear them.

My kids all had their own going home outfit that I saved. Most of my kids are further apart (they are 3, 10, 14 & 19) but I had the same due date with my middle & youngest dd so I saved a lot of baby equipment for dd #3 that had been dd #2's. Though even though both were due on 9/30, dd #2 was born 8/5 and dd #3 was born on 9/13. So dd #2 needed preemie clothing at first but ended up growing a lot faster and taller than dd #3 so they haven't shared as much clothing over the years.

mom to 3 girls and one little boy

Last edited by ssand23; 09-08-2013 at 09:40 AM.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #36
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Bed, tooth brush, shoes that's about it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #37
MamaNae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What items do you do brand new for each successive baby?

Socks and shoes. I always lose all their socks lol
Renae. Helpmeet to my hottie hubby, Josh. Devoted Mama to my Wolf scout-bookworm-sports-a-holic James (7), my Daisy Scout Princess Aldria (5) and my 2 year old Tornado Emmett and [COLOR="Magenta"] and my tiny squish Cora Paige! (May 2013)
MamaNae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #38
knit~it~good
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
About 95% of my kids clothes come from yard sales. That's includes socks and shoes. But it's getting harder to find clothes for Ds now that he's almost 9!

My Facebook fan page!
knit~it~good is offline   Reply With Quote