Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2013, 11:44 PM   #1
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Cheapest place to buy Graco Nautilus or something similar

I have finally saved enough $ to buy my nieces new seats. I really like the graco nautilus & can use a 20% off code at babies r us. Anyone know of a cheaper place to buy them? Or a seat that has the same amount of side impact protection for around the same price?
Thanks!

Advertisement

Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Bumping
Old 09-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
bpirof
Registered Users
seller

I think target has them on sale right now, if you sign up for their mobile coupons they send a 10% off code and you can get another 5% off with their red card

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
bpirof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:13 AM   #4
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Cheapest place to buy Graco Nautilus or something similar

$138.95 at Walmart.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Graco-Naut...-Bravo/8112222
Old 09-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
ynnej
Registered Users
seller

I know the Nautilus is attractive due to the slightly lower price point, but Britax is actually the pioneer in side protection (they began it before other companies) and they do additional testing that is not required by law specifically on side impact (http://www.britaxusa.com/learning-ce...impact-crashes).

If you are buying two of them, you might actually check out the Britax Registry Rewards program (http://www.britaxusa.com/registryrewards) -- it's a program where you save UPC's from any Britax gear in and in exchange you get a FREE Britax Boulevard. So theoretically, I think you could buy one Britax car seat and if you have any the boxes or packages from any other Britax accessories you already have, you could get a Boulevard free! A friend of mine did this and I am kicking myself for not doing it too. Hoping to do it with my 3rd baby :-)

If you don't have the UPC's and that program doesn't work for you, you can use the Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off coupons at BuyBuyBaby.com (they also have their own coupons) and get a discount that way as well.
ynnej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

$138.95 at Amazon then free shipping if you have Prime http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20
Old 09-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #7
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynnej
I know the Nautilus is attractive due to the slightly lower price point, but Britax is actually the pioneer in side protection (they began it before other companies) and they do additional testing that is not required by law specifically on side impact (http://www.britaxusa.com/learning-ce...impact-crashes).

If you are buying two of them, you might actually check out the Britax Registry Rewards program (http://www.britaxusa.com/registryrewards) -- it's a program where you save UPC's from any Britax gear in and in exchange you get a FREE Britax Boulevard. So theoretically, I think you could buy one Britax car seat and if you have any the boxes or packages from any other Britax accessories you already have, you could get a Boulevard free! A friend of mine did this and I am kicking myself for not doing it too. Hoping to do it with my 3rd baby :-)

If you don't have the UPC's and that program doesn't work for you, you can use the Bed Bath & Beyond 20% off coupons at BuyBuyBaby.com (they also have their own coupons) and get a discount that way as well.
So all I need is to buy one and get one free?! That for some reason doesn't sound right. Maybe I read this wrong?

Also how high in weight limit does the britax boulevard go does anyone know?
Thanks

Edited to say after reading the terms and conditions I would have to purchase a britax baby stroller, britax baby carrier, britax baby carseat, a small britax item and a large britax item to make it actually get me the car seat for free. Am I reading this correctly?

Last edited by Sarah-B; 09-11-2013 at 01:00 AM.
Old 09-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #8
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

Since side impact testing isn't required, there's no testing standard. Therefore, no way to know that Britax does better than, any other seat. Bottom line, it's marketing.
And yep, you read right. You'd have to buy all those things to get a convertible seat, when you're in the market for a combination seat anyway. I don't know the ages of your child/children, but the boulevard might not even be useful to you.

I say this as someone who owns two Frontier 85s, as well as two Boulevards. They make nice, long lasting combination seats. Their convertibles are comparatively quite short lived. Also, I just don't like when parents are made to feel like Britax is THE BEST and anything else means less automatically.

Last edited by Dory; 09-11-2013 at 07:41 AM.
Dory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #9
ynnej
Registered Users
seller

Yes, the Britax Registry thing works best if you already have a ton of Britax stuff. But sometimes we actually tend to have already purchased or have been given Britax brand things, so I just mention it to let you know in case you might look through and realize you do! :-)
ynnej is offline   Reply With Quote