Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
Firerose_RCM's Avatar
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users
Formerly: ClothGirl21
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 709
Evenflo Embrace 35

I'm getting the Evenflo Embrace 35 as a gift at the end of this month. I was wondering what everyone's opinions on the seat are? Does it fit sideways on the back of a shopping cart (not the front! it allows you to put groceries under the seat)?

Advertisement

__________________
Becca 23 wife to Ron 29 since 7/7/2009, momma to intact DS X born 1/15/2014
Firerose_RCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 09:15 PM   #2
MrsStripe's Avatar
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nylar IV
Posts: 7,398
My Mood:
Re: Evenflo Embrace 35

Not sure about the cart question because we don't use it that way, but the seat works fine for us. It does take up a lot of fun in the car because the handle has to be forward in the car. We were actually in a side impact accident when my middle child was 5 1/2 weeks old and it worked perfectly, not even a scratch on him.
__________________
Mama to 2 boys and a baby girl, married to a big boy, with a male hamster and a bunch of fish(the prettiest being male of course ). for my sanity. XL 14" inseam longies instock now!!!
Knitted stuff link Stripe Knits Grand Re-opening!!
Swag with me. Wool Destash - boyish sweaters small girly longies
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 03:11 AM   #3
Firerose_RCM's Avatar
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users
Formerly: ClothGirl21
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe
Not sure about the cart question because we don't use it that way, but the seat works fine for us. It does take up a lot of fun in the car because the handle has to be forward in the car. We were actually in a side impact accident when my middle child was 5 1/2 weeks old and it worked perfectly, not even a scratch on him.
Wouldn't being able to have the handle forward (towards the vehicle seat) save space? Or did you mean behind the seat?
__________________
Becca 23 wife to Ron 29 since 7/7/2009, momma to intact DS X born 1/15/2014
Firerose_RCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
Dory's Avatar
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 11,900
If it has that requirement, it's behind the seat and 1.5 inches of clearance. So, handle toward the front seat + an inch and a half.

Also, the only safe way to put an infant seat in a shopping cart is actually in the cart. It's not ideal if shopping alone, and baby wearing and grabbing groceries seriously never worked for me so I get that. But you either tuck groceries around the seat, bread on baby's get off you must or push one buggy and pull another, but don't balance the seat anywhere. It could fall off so easily if someone rounded a corner out of nowhere and bumped you, along with so many other scenarios.
__________________
I'm Incredible.
Mom to a girl - 6, a boy - 4, and Baby - 2
Dory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #5
MrsStripe's Avatar
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nylar IV
Posts: 7,398
My Mood:
Re: Evenflo Embrace 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerose_RCM View Post
Wouldn't being able to have the handle forward (towards the vehicle seat) save space? Or did you mean behind the seat?
Between the baby seat and the seat in front of it. I'm pretty sure our manual says that it can be touching (DH read it not me). It can touch, but shouldn't have pressure on it during normal riding at least that is how we use it. But, we just got a new car and there is a ton more room in the "new" car than our van even using the seat properly so depending on what you drive it may not be an issue.
__________________
Mama to 2 boys and a baby girl, married to a big boy, with a male hamster and a bunch of fish(the prettiest being male of course ). for my sanity. XL 14" inseam longies instock now!!!
Knitted stuff link Stripe Knits Grand Re-opening!!
Swag with me. Wool Destash - boyish sweaters small girly longies
MrsStripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:34 AM   #6
craigwick's Avatar
craigwick
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: saskatchewan, canada
Posts: 886
Re: Evenflo Embrace 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory View Post
If it has that requirement, it's behind the seat and 1.5 inches of clearance. So, handle toward the front seat + an inch and a half.

Also, the only safe way to put an infant seat in a shopping cart is actually in the cart. It's not ideal if shopping alone, and baby wearing and grabbing groceries seriously never worked for me so I get that. But you either tuck groceries around the seat, bread on baby's get off you must or push one buggy and pull another, but don't balance the seat anywhere. It could fall off so easily if someone rounded a corner out of nowhere and bumped you, along with so many other scenarios.
I agree, there is no safe way to balance a seat on a cart. Have heard way to many bad stories about that going wrong. That is why many stores have carts with built in baby seats now.
__________________
H...mom to three silly girls, 7, 5 and brand new!!!
Plus two dogs, and oh yeah, DH!
craigwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:19 AM   #7
jmnanny's Avatar
jmnanny
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStripe

Between the baby seat and the seat in front of it. I'm pretty sure our manual says that it can be touching (DH read it not me). It can touch, but shouldn't have pressure on it during normal riding at least that is how we use it. But, we just got a new car and there is a ton more room in the "new" car than our van even using the seat properly so depending on what you drive it may not be an issue.
This is not correct the embrace 35 requires 1.5" of space between the back of the car seat and the front of the seat. And the handle can be in the rebound position
__________________
former CPST. In love with my soldier DD 10/23/13
jmnanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:00 AM   #8
Firerose_RCM's Avatar
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users
Formerly: ClothGirl21
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnanny

This is not correct the embrace 35 requires 1.5" of space between the back of the car seat and the front of the seat. And the handle can be in the rebound position
Is rebound where it faces the back of the seat?
__________________
Becca 23 wife to Ron 29 since 7/7/2009, momma to intact DS X born 1/15/2014
Firerose_RCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:40 AM   #9
jmnanny's Avatar
jmnanny
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firerose_RCM

Is rebound where it faces the back of the seat?
Yes, refer to the manual it's allowed in 2 positions only, all the way back and all the way forward
__________________
former CPST. In love with my soldier DD 10/23/13
jmnanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #10
Firerose_RCM's Avatar
Firerose_RCM
Registered Users
Formerly: ClothGirl21
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmnanny

Yes, refer to the manual it's allowed in 2 positions only, all the way back and all the way forward
I don't have the seat yet to check the manual. I'm getting it as a gift so I was trying to get opinions on it.
__________________
Becca 23 wife to Ron 29 since 7/7/2009, momma to intact DS X born 1/15/2014
Firerose_RCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.