Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2013, 08:10 AM   #11
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: To induce with cervidil 9 days past edd?

I've been lucky so far, we'll see what this one brings.
My daughter was spontaneous at 39w0d (I was dilated to a 3 since 37w with her) I had my membranes stripped on my due date with my son (I was dilated to a 3 for 3 weeks at that point) and he was born the next morning at 40w1d. I was selfish and was wanting to have him in the year I was due. I was due 12/27 and he was born 12/28. AND we wanted the tax write off.
I'm sure he would've come on his own time around then anyway.

This time I'm due on 1/14 and I'll let nature take it's course. I don't think I'll ever get to 41w, but we'll see.

All that to say, you'll probably deliver before then so I wouldn't worry about it. If 2 days before gets here and baby is still high, you're still not dilated much and you want to change the date then do it, but leave it alone for now. You still have almost 2 weeks before that date comes!

Advertisement

HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #12
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

Also how much EPO and RRL are you taking?

4 cups of RRL can be drank at this point a day. And I would just do vaginal insertion with the EPO and you can do up to 2000mg a day I believe. I was taking 4 at night vaginally by the time I was 39 weeks.

I didn't use it with my daughter and had a 9.5 hour labor. I used it with my son and it was a 6h 15m active labor. I went from a 6/7-10 in a matter of just over an hour.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #13
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Everyone pretty much summed it up! With my first and my third, I went into labor on their "guess" dates. With this one now, my date was Monday and she's still not here. I agree to not make any decisions until you see the 41 week mark. It seems having your dad there is the stress and honestly, I don't think it's worth it. You will relax more and relish your birthing time if you make this about your special transition into life with this new baby. I'm sure your father will understand and if he could postpone his trip that would be best. Also, for your doc to rush you based on his own agenda I think is wrong no matter how nice he/she is! My mom had me early by csec in the 80s because her doc had a ski trip to get to! Because of that 1 decision, that set her on a course of having csecs for her next pregnancies! I'm a vba2c-er and it is not easy fighting for your right to birth! If you can avoid it, try hard! I've had cervadil before to induce a miscarriage and it was waaaay more intense than my natural labor!

Again, I say stay positive, relax, try to rest and enjoy this time, and let your dad and your doc make their own decisions regarding attending your birth. When the time comes, you're gonna be working so hard, you aren't gonna care who else is in that room besides your DH and your doula! That's the truth!
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #14
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

Also how much EPO and RRL are you taking?

4 cups of RRL can be drank at this point a day. And I would just do vaginal insertion with the EPO and you can do up to 2000mg a day I believe. I was taking 4 at night vaginally by the time I was 39 weeks.

I didn't use it with my daughter and had a 9.5 hour labor. I used it with my son and it was a 6h 15m active labor. I went from a 6/7-10 in a matter of just over an hour.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #15
DrusL8y
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Double post

Last edited by DrusL8y; 09-13-2013 at 08:15 AM.
DrusL8y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:01 AM   #16
ahhallie
Registered Users

Ladies! Thank all of you for the input! But guess what!? My little girl decided to come EARLY! Went into labor Friday morning, had a beautiful little girl at 12:35AM Saturday morning. . Unfortunately, they have her in the NICU she was totally fine after birth and when they moved us to our recovery room she was nursing and fell sound asleep on the way upstairs. Then they put her in the bassinet to do their tests and decided she was breathing too fast and they took her away from me. . It's been super rough but we're making the best of it. I hate not being able to breastfeed every 2 hours but I'm pumping in between the feedings they let me do. Just pumped 8ml of pretty light colostrum! Trying to stay positive. They had to supplement with formula because her blood sugar isn't high enough on the IV fluids and what she's getting from me waaah. I desperately didn't want that. But I know she needs to be healthy so I can get her home. They're discharging me today but we don't know when we'll be able to bring my little Emily home. She's such a cutie. 8lb 12oz! Such a big little girl. I can't wait to get her home.
ahhallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 05:44 AM   #17
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Congrats! Im sorry she's having trouble
Old 09-16-2013, 06:59 AM   #18
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

while I'm glad you didn't have to deal with all the post issues so sorry your LO is in the NICU, I couldn't imagine it and I'm sure its terribly hard.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:39 PM   #19
MsBurrows
Registered Users
seller

I pushed to have my first baby induced at 41.5 weeks (10 days past 40). I'm not sure how long my doctor would have given me. He didn't seem antsy at all. With my second, I went to 42 weeks, then induced. Dr said there wasn't much point if my body wasn't ready yet. Which looking back, is pretty impressive given how many early inductions I see and how many people get antsy as soon as "due date" arrives.

I didn't do an induction at all with my 3rd and she was born at 42.5 weeks. It was my first non-med birth and I'm so glad I did it that way. Yeah, I was kind of crazy by the end, because prodromal labor had been going on for so long. But the birth was fantastic and worth the wait.

http://heathenhomesteader.com/
MsBurrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:43 PM   #20
MsBurrows
Registered Users
seller

Just read your update. Glad she came when she was ready, but I'm so sorry she's in the NICU.

Good job on the pumping. I hope it's nothing, and you'll have her home ASAP. But if it is something, anything at all you can give her will help her that much more!

Do they know why she's breathing fast? How's her oxygen levels?

Congrats on the birth of your little girl.

http://heathenhomesteader.com/
MsBurrows is offline   Reply With Quote