Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #21
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Shower in 9 days and cloth registry hasn't been touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Sunflower~*~ View Post
I think that was it *traditionally* and I think that people still expect to gift things to the new mother, but is the idea that you can ONLY come if you bring me something & it MUST be from the registry?

The idea that not only do you have to bring me gifts, but they have to be exactly what I registered for or I wont appreciate them or be happy with the party .... I can only say that I am glad that I have never attended a party like that & I hope that I am raising my children to be more grateful & appreciative.
Although I think you should be happy they came and be grateful for the gifts wouldn't it be nice if they didn't waste their money on useless gifts? Because unfortunately that is what often happens. My kiddo received girly clothing in the wrong season. He was a June boy baby. He received nb winter girl clothing.

Advertisement

Old 09-18-2013, 07:52 PM   #22
Kaylazo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Sunflower~*~

I think that was it *traditionally* and I think that people still expect to gift things to the new mother, but is the idea that you can ONLY come if you bring me something & it MUST be from the registry?

The idea that not only do you have to bring me gifts, but they have to be exactly what I registered for or I wont appreciate them or be happy with the party .... I can only say that I am glad that I have never attended a party like that & I hope that I am raising my children to be more grateful & appreciative.
Agreed. Great point.
Kaylazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 11:19 PM   #23
aprilpeterson
Registered Users

Sometimes people just take the ideas from the registry and buy the things from some other store. The reason can be, your registry has the things more expensive than the market. In this situation you have to search more before setting up the registry. I had a baby shower with Our wishing well and all the gifts are taken from my registry only. It has so many options to take in all price ranges. I had a great and successful shower. Wish you all the best for yours…….
aprilpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:16 PM   #24
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cloth also is often not actually available in store. For Instance Target sells it but I have never seen it in a store. Most people use that little kiosk for a registry.

I never assume I am getting anything from anyone. I buy what I "need" myself and everything else is just extra. The only time I was ever upset is that my in laws did not buy a gift for their first grandchild, they kept saying they were going to wait to see what we needed afterward, but we never got a gift. It wasn't about the gift it just aggravated me because I though they should have been more into it I guess, kinda silly.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:50 PM   #25
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
My kiddo received girly clothing in the wrong season. He was a June boy baby. He received nb winter girl clothing.
Wow that is silly.

I registered (4 years ago) at BRU and amazon. I didn't register for much in the way of cloth but I did say that we didn't want sposies. We didn't receive a single sposie only 1 package of sposies wipes (that were at least a bit more natural friendly).

I got a fair amt off the registry and the things that weren't were nice. I didn't bother registering for clothes, and I specifically said (in the blurb) I didn't so people could buy what they felt was cute -- everything was season appropriate. The non registry stuff was nice too.

The only things that I recall that I didn't use on the baby was scented oils and lotions (and lavender dryer bags). A lot of them I used myself though, I think only one bottle of disgusting baby oil was thrown out, (it was NATY but it had a odd smell and texture).

I kept the registry going for my son at amazon for several years after he was born as a gift registry for family. I moved it to a amazon wishlist.. I keep my sons clothes sizes on it and stuff I think he would like to help give people ideas it works well.

I have setup a registry for #2 but I am not getting a shower. A few items have been purchased off of it, but its there to keep a list of things I want to buy and to help out family who would like ideas.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote