Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-06-2013, 08:56 PM   #61
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: name thread - add your lists!

DD has been insisting for a week that "the first baby that comes out is going to be Emma."

This now has DP considering the idea of having the names of all three girls start w/ E. I don't know how I feel about this.

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #62
ClothMama1026
Registered Users

My husband picks girl names and I pick boy names. I like some girl names but none of them for my babies.

We already have an Alexandra Brielle (goes by Allie) and Keegan Gregory. If this baby was a boy, my top name choice was Liam. I am kinda thankful it turned out to be a girl because I was super disappointed when the social security baby name list came out and Liam is in the top 10 and then William is also in the top 10 and I have met quite a few people who used William but called their sons Liam. Name popularity wasnt that important to me until my kids started school. In a class of 25, there were only 7 names in circulation in my daughters class. Hailey (lots of diff spellings) Kaylie/Kayla, Aiden, Brayden, Hayden, Emma and then my daughter was the only Alexandra. lol. Same thing happened when my son started school. Keegan and Temperance were the only ones with different names. lol

My husband was deciding between Madeline, Juliette or Genevieve. He has decided on Genevieve Grace so now we are debating nicknames for her. My daughter wants to call her Eve, my son thinks Gigi would be cool, my husband likes Genna. I will probably just call her Genevieve. lol. My MIL hates the name and says shes gonna call her Gracie and thats not gonna happen. My sister in law wants to call her Genny and we arent really fond of that so we are going to narrow the names down and say call her Genevieve or whatever nickname. We had to do that with our first daughter as well. It makes me crazy when people want to tell you what they are gonna call your child. I've had to tell them that they got to name their children and I will be choosing my kids name. lol.

Last edited by ClothMama1026; 09-19-2013 at 02:08 PM.
ClothMama1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #63
gidget27
Registered Users
seller
seller

I still have not decided what to name this little guy. I only had one favorite boy name, and it went to my first ds. So far I am considering Rory, Felix, Marcus, and my husband likes Anderson. I not crazy about names ending in -son, there seems to be so many these days. Other than Rory, we haven't both been satisfied with the names we have come up with.
gidget27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:43 PM   #64
mamaspice
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
DD keeps insisting we're having b/g...we keep asking her what she thinks the names should be & she's come up w/ some doozies

P-square & H-square (WTH?)
Pister & Pooper (did I mention she's 3?)
Melanie & Freddie (her BFF & little bro from DC)
Laken & Lager (name from DP's list &...IDK what)

I just can't imagine calling a kid after a kind of beer

I'm actually a little disappointed b/c Tamerlan had already been on my list, but I can't name a kid after a bomber. I tried to convince DP, but she unequivocally said no, which I already kind of knew.
Maybe she means Logger.

Aren't you glad you didn't name a baby Tamerlan before the bombing?
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #65
Beaners_Mom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I've got my heart set on Duncan. We've been referring to the baby as Duncan for awhile now. It's what I wanted to name my DD. She would have been either Gabriel Duncan or Duncan Gabriel. But then she came out a Gabrielle :-)

His middle names will be Lloyd and Martin after my dad and his dad (also my partners middle name, he's named after his dad). So I'm not sure what sounds better...

Duncan Lloyd Martin
or
Duncan Martin Lloyd
???
Old 09-24-2013, 03:15 PM   #66
ArmyWife.Mommyof3
Registered Users

Our sons name is GARRETT WILLIAM our daughters name is AUTUMN RYLEE and were expecting another girl in november (due in december) were naming her
JOURNEE LORELEI
ArmyWife.Mommyof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 08:30 AM   #67
2boysmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidget27 View Post
I still have not decided what to name this little guy. I only had one favorite boy name, and it went to my first ds. So far I am considering Rory, Felix, Marcus, and my husband likes Anderson. I not crazy about names ending in -son, there seems to be so many these days. Other than Rory, we haven't both been satisfied with the names we have come up with.
I'm on my 4th boy so finding names is getting harder and harder. My husband named this one: Anderson Maxwell. Its growing on me. : goodvibes: my husband is Andrew though and it means "son of Andrew" I'm not sure what we'll do if we ever have a 5th son!

In with Jesus for over 20 years!
2boysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #68
MSmith88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I can't remember if I posted the final decision! Violet Emily will be her name
MSmith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:53 PM   #69
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Very nice!

I think we've decided on Hollis for one of the girls, but are still very much lost on the other...Rory, Laken, Auden, Aisley, Dagny, Greer...every time DP & I think we agree, we talk ourselves out of it. and I mean, really...I'll be lucky if I have even 5-6 weeks left, KWIM?
Old 09-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #70
mamatoclaire
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38
Very nice! I think we've decided on Hollis for one of the girls, but are still very much lost on the other...Rory, Laken, Auden, Aisley, Dagny, Greer...every time DP & I think we agree, we talk ourselves out of it. and I mean, really...I'll be lucky if I have even 5-6 weeks left, KWIM?
Wow, crazy how fast it's coming!! Maybe just take a list to the hospital?

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum