Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #51
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Love the names we have a few picked out but just waiting for our gender scan in abot 10 weeks to really decide. I have my dating u/s oct. 2nd when I am 10weeks... I wanted it a bit further in the pregnancy so I didn't have to have a vaginal u/s done. I have a tilted uterus so it is harder to see baby early in pregnancy.

Advertisement

Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #52
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: September Chat.

I hate taking naps in the middle of the day. It really throws me off.
trying4more is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #53
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

I live for midday naps now! DS hasn't been napping much lately so I've been dying! I got a heavenly text from MIL today while I was at work (she was watching DS) that said "Hey I have an idea!! If you need to rest I can watch my baby while you go home sleep for a few hours.. I really don't mind." Ahhhh. Yup, pretty sure I've got the best MIL ever! Snuggling in for a nap now in my silent house :-)

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby #2 is due April 16, 2014
alliecatn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #54
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh man, lucky ducky!!!!!
I have 4 kids, and only 1 who naps. DS doesn't nap anymore unless on rare occasions, or he's sick.

But it really does throw me off. I'm SOOOOO tired when I lay down, that my eyes are literally burning and heavy, but when I wake up an hour or 2 later, I feel groggy and icky.

I've been listening to Yoga Channel on Pandora and it's sooooo relaxing. I love it. If I got into labor at home, I'm gonna put that on so I can relax and zone out.

Anyone thinking of a birth plan yet?
My midwife wants to induce early to avoid an unattended birth, but she'll do whatever I want. I'm really afraid of my water breaking when I'm on my own, or if I'm on my own, and my kids are at school. Once my water breaks, any chance of going anywhere is impossible. It's like walking up a mountain with broken legs...it just ain't gonna happen. So, I want to get as close to 40 (or past) for as long as possible to try to get contractions started and once they pattern, get to the hospital then before my water breaks.
But until then, I'm trying to come up with a plan with DH for massage, pressure points, or just some sort of plan!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:58 AM   #55
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

trying4more, sounds like we have similar labor patterns.

My labors were, #1 6 hours, #2 3 hours, #3 1.5 hours from water breaking, but only 2 contractions that I felt and she was out.

We are 45 min from the hospital. My new OB said he would love to check my cervix and he would keep detailed notes but not tell me anything until after the baby is born. I have a feeling I walk around for weeks at 4cm or something, but I have never allowed cervical checks so I don't really know. I like the idea of knowing after the fact. I am curious, but don't want the knowledge to mess with my head.

That's pretty much the extent of my birth plan. Try to make it to the hospital to have this baby, because I actually am curious about the experience of a hospital birth with this particular doctor. Intermittent monitoring, I cannot labor on my back, upright at all times, just a hep-lock. Etc.
L J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #56
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more
Oh man, lucky ducky!!!!!
I have 4 kids, and only 1 who naps. DS doesn't nap anymore unless on rare occasions, or he's sick.

But it really does throw me off. I'm SOOOOO tired when I lay down, that my eyes are literally burning and heavy, but when I wake up an hour or 2 later, I feel groggy and icky.

I've been listening to Yoga Channel on Pandora and it's sooooo relaxing. I love it. If I got into labor at home, I'm gonna put that on so I can relax and zone out.

Anyone thinking of a birth plan yet?
My midwife wants to induce early to avoid an unattended birth, but she'll do whatever I want. I'm really afraid of my water breaking when I'm on my own, or if I'm on my own, and my kids are at school. Once my water breaks, any chance of going anywhere is impossible. It's like walking up a mountain with broken legs...it just ain't gonna happen. So, I want to get as close to 40 (or past) for as long as possible to try to get contractions started and once they pattern, get to the hospital then before my water breaks.
But until then, I'm trying to come up with a plan with DH for massage, pressure points, or just some sort of plan!
Personally I'm not a fan of inductions without good medical reason. Did your water break on its own with baby 1&2? If so, did it break before contractions started? The vast majority of people don't have their water break before labor starts. Perhaps you'd be able to go to the hossy as soon as ctx started but before your water breaks. Everybody's birth is so different though!

Over the moon!! After 17 months of TTC, our sweet miracle, Corwin Gregory, was born August 29, 2012!! ...And our surprise baby #2 is due April 16, 2014
Old 09-22-2013, 10:55 AM   #57
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With #1, my blood pressure was getting worse and worse each week. I was extremely swollen, but my blood came back normal. I was 39+4, and already 4-5cm, depending on who checked me. They broke my water to get go into labor.

#2 I was contracting and my water broke in the hospital I was only 36 weeks and went in for a labor check. I was 3cm (the day before I was only 1cm). Water broke in hospital and labor was 6 hours. Birth was 2 hours after water broke.

#3 Water broke on it's own while I was walking the mall. DS was born 2 hours later! I had been contracting for WEEKS before that. I was already 4cm before water breaking. I was lucky that the ride from the mall to the hospital was only 10min, and only had 2 contractions on the way, but when I got there, I was screaming for pain meds.

#4 I was contracting again forever and ever. I was about 3-4cm at my last apt, went to the hospital to be monitored for wacky heart rates from the baby. Was already contracting here and there like normal, but since DD's heart rate was weird, they broke my water. She was out 27min later.

So because of this, I'm freaked that my water will break on it's own when I'm on my own. The hospital is close, but any family either lives or works 1 hour away. That why the second I start having any sort of pattern, or any type of significant pain more than Braxton hicks pain, I'm going in! My blood pressure always starts to suck at the end, too.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #58
millermyer2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I am 10 weeks and have my first appt tomorrow. I had a dating us a couple weeks ago because I had a McCain in July and never had a cycle before getting pregnant.
We haven't talked about names at all because we are waiting to find out the sex. We have 2 ds and a dfs. We are praying for some pink around our house.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:58 AM   #59
trying4more
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think I'm gonna buy some Magnesium and Calcium pills. I'm getting really bad leg cramps at night, and I've read this helps. I'm not sure if it's ok to do pills or it must be liquid?
Old 09-23-2013, 07:18 AM   #60
alliecatn1
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by trying4more
I think I'm gonna buy some Magnesium and Calcium pills. I'm getting really bad leg cramps at night, and I've read this helps. I'm not sure if it's ok to do pills or it must be liquid?
Mag supplements are not well absorbed by the body so most people don't get much relief with it. Eating foods rich in mag would likely help more.