Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2013, 09:10 PM   #51
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:
Does Mint give you a rundown on what your spending and where? I think it might shame us into straightening up.
#shameface

Advertisement

Last edited by bluecandi; 09-27-2013 at 09:12 PM.
bluecandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 06:18 AM   #52
4kids4me
Registered Users

Re: Dave Ramsey Support Thread ~ Sep 23 - Sep 29

Lots of money leaving my account this week. new garage doors being installed today after the spring broke last month. Around $1500 for that. Add in $6400 paid to discover from dd1s braces last month plus the amount we charged on our vacation last month as well. Luckily dh had a really nice commission check this month so I only needed to pull $2000 from savings. I'm pretty sure that's all I have to pull, but it's going to be tight until payday (next Friday). That $2000 will be deposited back into savings in 2 weeks.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:20 AM   #53
bluecandi
seller

My Mood:
Anyone concerned about the gub'mint shutting down? DH is worried about it since he will be a full time govt employee like next week.
:-/ I am really praying for them to work it out. DH is spending hand over fist on home improvement stuff before he deploys and eating out. >:-( I was always so pleased to have a month of expenses in the bank and now we barely have a bef..... just dangling in the wind waiting for a murphy to happen. When the reunion is over we will get the deposit back and that will help a little but dang!! I have struggled from day 1 to get it through his thick skull that money doesnt grow on trees.

Last edited by bluecandi; 09-28-2013 at 06:26 AM.
bluecandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #54
Luvdgame
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I work for a government contractor and manage several programs that will be on a freeze if there is a shut down. I also live just outside of Washington so it is a very hot topic with everyone I know. Frankly, I'm getting pretty sick of the elected &:?/$/&: for doing this every couple months rather than actually working to solve the problem. And that goes for all parties.

But my discontent is probably better served on another thread :-) maybe DR could give them a lesson?
Maggie, married to P 10/10/10 and mom to our IVF #2 miracle D 6/7/13

working on decluttering and getting debt free
minimizing running total 36/2014

Follow my journey to be debt free http://debtdivatomoneymaven.wordpress.com
Luvdgame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #55
bluecandi
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvdgame View Post
I work for a government contractor and manage several programs that will be on a freeze if there is a shut down. I also live just outside of Washington so it is a very hot topic with everyone I know. Frankly, I'm getting pretty sick of the elected &:?/$/&: for doing this every couple months rather than actually working to solve the problem. And that goes for all parties.

But my discontent is probably better served on another thread :-) maybe DR could give them a lesson?
Werrrrrd!!
Old 09-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #56
lakemom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi View Post
Anyone concerned about the gub'mint shutting down? DH is worried about it since he will be a full time govt employee like next week.
:-/ I am really praying for them to work it out. DH is spending hand over fist on home improvement stuff before he deploys and eating out. >:-( I was always so pleased to have a month of expenses in the bank and now we barely have a bef..... just dangling in the wind waiting for a murphy to happen. When the reunion is over we will get the deposit back and that will help a little but dang!! I have struggled from day 1 to get it through his thick skull that money doesnt grow on trees.
I'm pretty sure that "essential personnel" will not be on furlough. That's usually what they do. I know the numbers I saw in an article sometime in the past week or so said something like 125k people would be furloughed and 3-4X that many would continue 'business as usual."
lakemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #57
katiegud
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
One of my friends works for the VA and they never got furloughed. They get mandatory paid overtime. Usually it's things like the forest service that get screwed.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #58
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecandi View Post
I try not to let politics get me down. The government's not going anywhere anytime soon, no matter who tries to make it seems that way. The news is full of so much bad/wrong information.

Maybe you can start committing to less stuff financially. Having to pay for the reunion deposit and planning birthday parties is so stressful, maybe someone else can pick up the slack. You did just have a baby. I'm sorry that your DH can't be more understanding. Has he read the Total Money Makeover? Would an FPU course be worth it to your family's budget?
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #59
K-Murph
Registered Users
Formerly: yuja
seller

My Mood:

We experienced a furlough here a few months ago ... the civilians had to take a mandatory unpaid day off every week, for which we felt the consequences ... Not to mention Soldiers had to cover down on their jobs even though we were stretched thin as is ... >.<
K-Murph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 04:35 PM   #60
hsleonard
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi everyone!! It has been way to long and I realized I need to get back to basics. We are doing ok here but have totally lost our gazelle I coordinated fpu this summer with dh and it helped us refocus but man what I wouldn't give to have the I intensity we once had. Trying really hard to cut out things from our budget,
Thank u for listening to my rant and so sorry I have been gone so long
Thirty-one gifts
Come swag with me!!! I have earned over $100 in amazon gift cards so far
Zycon Foods -"saving money on high-quality food products."
hsleonard is offline   Reply With Quote