Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
hlucas777
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sore area on one breast?

hey ladies I thought I'd throw this at ya and see what people thought. I will preface my situation with saying I have had a couple of benign cysts in my right breast before I had my 2.5 year old, we did ultrasound and they said they were fine and hadn't grown or anything. So fast forward I have a 9 month old and every once in awhile the right breast almost like under my armpit will be super super sore, but it's almost like that side got really full and then wasn't emptied all the way (of course the right side happens to be the super producer). I pump once a day in the morning after nursing to build up a freezer stash and I give a couple bottles to my friend who is in school for her daughter so anyway. I am wondering if maybe this is just a plugged duct? Or something else. I would go have it ultrasound again but no insurance right now so I am not sure what to do. Yesterday when it was really sore I was kinda achey all over and thought I might be getting sick but not today. I haven't had cycle resume since my son was born so maybe that has something to do with it? Lol okay sorry long post just wanted to see if anybody had any thoughts. :-) thanks

Advertisement

Old 10-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #2
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Sore area on one breast?

I would go to the doc. My friend just got told she has breast Cancer while BFing and was totally unprepared. They thought it would be cysts. Do not let this go.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #3
Teexie
Registered Users
seller

If it is persistent, get checked out. If you are thinking plugged duct, take all the usual measures (kellymom.com has a very comprehensive list) and if nothing helps, see the dr.
Teexie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #4
orionsmom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teexie View Post
If it is persistent, get checked out. If you are thinking plugged duct, take all the usual measures (kellymom.com has a very comprehensive list) and if nothing helps, see the dr.
Here's the Kellymom link...I needed it myself for a plugged duct today. http://kellymom.com/bf/concerns/moth...usualtreatment
orionsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #5
mrsbesky
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Sore area on one breast?

sounds like what i had when mastitis started for me.
i have cystic tissue too, but it had nothing to do with that. i had a clogged duct and didn't get it cleared and ended up with mastitis (infection in the milk duct). I took 10 days of antibiotics and it cleared up. I also pressed on the painful area when nursing/ pumping to help clean the duct out.
One of its main symptoms, besides the painful lump, is the tired ache flu like feeling. It came and went for me till it was a full blown infection.
hope you feel better soon.
"The Lord is good a stronghold in the day of trouble and He knoweth them that trust in him" Nahum 1:7 Married to a wonderful man and mom of 4 princess angels: A(9) and K(6) (TJ my angel with Jesus ) and C(1)
mrsbesky is offline   Reply With Quote