Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #1
amy2778
Registered Users
seller

I've hit a wall with pumping

My daughter is 9 months old and EBF. She has a little food from time to time, but mostly mama's milk. I only pump two times a day at work, but I have begun to hate it. Anyone else in that same boat?

Advertisement

amy2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #2
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think the pump talks to me when I'm pumping in the middle of the night...so yeah I hate it too.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #3
dwimmer
Registered Users
seller

Re: I've hit a wall with pumping

Pumping is hard...definitely in the "hate" boat myself here. I'm pumping 8 times a day right now b/c LO can't latch. She's not even 5 weeks yet so I'm not sure how long I'll be able to keep it up.
dwimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
jill-of-all-trades
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I sure don't love it and it can be very isolating. I have been doing it 4 times at work. It helps when I can text with someone of talk to my husband or if another mother is in the room and we can chat. I have a coworker who pumped for 2 years at work who is my nursing mama idol. I would love to be able to provide breast milk that long. Persistence and determination are going to be what get me to keep going though because it's already getting old and my LO is only 8 months old.
jill-of-all-trades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 04:57 AM   #5
amy2778
Registered Users
seller

Thanks ladies
amy2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
lovely05
Registered Users
seller

Yes! My baby is 8 1/2 months and since she's started eating solids daily during the last month, it's been harder and harder to pump. By that, I mean I have to pump longer and end up with much less than before. A family member watches her while I work part-time 3 days a week and it's been stressing me out to drop her off with snacks like a banana and a bottle that isn't full. But she seems to make up for it in the evening and night, so I guess she's adapting.
lovely05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #7
mariposablue
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely05 View Post
Yes! My baby is 8 1/2 months and since she's started eating solids daily during the last month, it's been harder and harder to pump. By that, I mean I have to pump longer and end up with much less than before. A family member watches her while I work part-time 3 days a week and it's been stressing me out to drop her off with snacks like a banana and a bottle that isn't full. But she seems to make up for it in the evening and night, so I guess she's adapting.
They are supposed to adapt but I know I'm stressing about that ahead of time. LO gets some food now but I worry it will effect my supply.

I too dislike pumping. I am pumping now. I at least have my own office and do stuff on-line to distract me but it's isolating and not fun. I just try to keep in mind I am doing this for my son. And I wonder when the need will reduce so I can pump 2x/day instead of 3, and so on.
Old 01-07-2014, 05:01 PM   #8
MaRoul
Registered Users

I always hate getting started, and sometimes even during but afterwards when I have milk for my daughter, I feel better, and good about what I am doing. It is very isolating though. I agree with that.
MaRoul is offline   Reply With Quote