Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #131
Wopnkrout
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMamaKaty

That's great that you have options!! I was kind of hoping for a birth center this time, but they're all too far away for my comfort level. I've never heard of the last part - you can get them to let you just leave? Take your baby and go? That'd be nice, avoid the hassles w/ nurses and them trying to get you to put the baby in the nursery, etc, etc...
Ya it's basically a mixture of hospital policy and doc preference. But yes if your doc thinks its fine and that everything is she can release you after 4-6 hours instead of 2-3 days.... In gonna see what her stance is.... My son is 20 mo and still sleeps on me and nurses every 2-3 hours.... My hospital won't let him visit so I can't stay in the hospital for days and days jut cuz

Wife to my best friend Chris, SAHM to son Colt!

Advertisement

Wopnkrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:32 PM   #132
desertshi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 2014

I would LOVE to get to go home a few hours after birth!!! I mean I don't get an epidural or anything like that so I don't see a reason why not!! It's like...I've done this a couple times before! I KNOW what I'm doing. I DON'T need you hovering over me while I nurse unless I ASK for help and I don't need the constant checking on me!! They try and take your baby to the nursery so you can "rest" but they check on you every two hours anyways?!
Waiting on baby #6 coming May 2014!!
desertshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #133
Wopnkrout
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertshi
I would LOVE to get to go home a few hours after birth!!! I mean I don't get an epidural or anything like that so I don't see a reason why not!! It's like...I've done this a couple times before! I KNOW what I'm doing. I DON'T need you hovering over me while I nurse unless I ASK for help and I don't need the constant checking on me!! They try and take your baby to the nursery so you can "rest" but they check on you every two hours anyways?!
I had an epidural with my first and I had a terrible overall experience. I had terrible PPD and with this little one I need to go all natural. I need to do everything in my power to have a different experience.... If I didn't live in an apartment I'd have a home birth. My birth centers are just a tad far for frequent trips with a car hating toddler but I love the idea of him being able to be present ...I'm very torn on what to do... But I'll have a better idea on Tuesday

Last edited by Wopnkrout; 10-13-2013 at 08:45 PM.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #134
katemay
Registered Users

Yes, I am May 2014. I know it's a bit early to stock up on things. But I figure it is 99% sure I am May, if not, I'll save things to when we do have a baby.
katemay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:51 AM   #135
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertshi View Post
Yes, and then there's the 'baby was vax'd w/out my permission' thread and traumatizing after-birth procedure to save 5 min thing that has me all freaked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katemay View Post
Yes, I am May 2014. I know it's a bit early to stock up on things. But I figure it is 99% sure I am May, if not, I'll save things to when we do have a baby.
Welcome! It's fun to start getting ready no matter how early!
Old 10-14-2013, 09:21 AM   #136
desertshi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wopnkrout View Post
I had an epidural with my first and I had a terrible overall experience. I had terrible PPD and with this little one I need to go all natural. I need to do everything in my power to have a different experience.... If I didn't live in an apartment I'd have a home birth. My birth centers are just a tad far for frequent trips with a car hating toddler but I love the idea of him being able to be present ...I'm very torn on what to do... But I'll have a better idea on Tuesday

I had an epidural with my first two. Then with the third, when I started being more conscientious of A LOT of things and began CDing and everything I chose to go all natural. Best decision of my LIFE!! It was an amazing birth. Even being in a hospital. I felt more connected to my body and what was going on. There is something about being a woman and feeling how incredible our bodies are in the birth process that makes it that much more special. Amazing.
Waiting on baby #6 coming May 2014!!
desertshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #137
Wopnkrout
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertshi

I had an epidural with my first two. Then with the third, when I started being more conscientious of A LOT of things and began CDing and everything I chose to go all natural. Best decision of my LIFE!! It was an amazing birth. Even being in a hospital. I felt more connected to my body and what was going on. There is something about being a woman and feeling how incredible our bodies are in the birth process that makes it that much more special. Amazing.
Wow! Thanx!!!!! I love hearing that!

Old 10-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #138
CookieCutter
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hi ladies! I'm due sometime early May! This was a total surprise baby and my cycles were way off so LMP may not be accurate but according to that I'm due May 2nd. My OB isn't too worried about it since my fundal height is about 11-12 weeks, so it matches pretty well so I'm not worried about it

I live in Twin Falls, Idaho, have been married for 5 years in December. We have two boys. Milo will be 4 in November and Oliver is 18 months. Hubs is hoping for a girl and I'd be 100% a okay with another boy.
CookieCutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 11:45 AM   #139
CookieCutter
Registered Users

My Mood:

Milo with born with intrethacal pain relief and Oliver was 100% natural unassisted because the nurse told me I wasn't in labor because I was only at a 3. 40 minutes later I was holding him in my arms xD
CookieCutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 12:19 PM   #140
Wopnkrout
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieCutter
Hi ladies! I'm due sometime early May! This was a total surprise baby and my cycles were way off so LMP may not be accurate but according to that I'm due May 2nd. My OB isn't too worried about it since my fundal height is about 11-12 weeks, so it matches pretty well so I'm not worried about it

I live in Twin Falls, Idaho, have been married for 5 years in December. We have two boys. Milo will be 4 in November and Oliver is 18 months. Hubs is hoping for a girl and I'd be 100% a okay with another boy.
Congrats!!!!!!