Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #141
takemetog
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wopnkrout View Post
Ya it's basically a mixture of hospital policy and doc preference. But yes if your doc thinks its fine and that everything is she can release you after 4-6 hours instead of 2-3 days.... In gonna see what her stance is.... My son is 20 mo and still sleeps on me and nurses every 2-3 hours.... My hospital won't let him visit so I can't stay in the hospital for days and days jut cuz

Wife to my best friend Chris, SAHM to son Colt!
Wow - I can't believe your hospital won't let your 20-month old visit! I always thought that our little rural hospital was overly old-school but at least my kids can visit me there. My first DS was an emergency c-section and I had to have a c-section for DS2 as well if I wanted to deliver within 4 hours of our house. DS2's c-section did not go so great (doc said my scarring from the first one was so bad it looked like I was on my third or forth). That is one of the reasons DH and I thought we were done...ha ha! I'm actually pretty scared about having a third c-section here, and I'm thinking about staying with my folks in a more urban/medically advanced area because well, I don't want to die. But then I'm worried about how my folks could care for DS2 while I'm in the hospital. I haven't seen my doc yet, I guess I'll talk to her about it in a couple weeks.

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #142
momma2Mimi07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
No minor children are allowed to visit in our hospital too so I was asking to be released within 24 hours of dd2 birth, I was home by 48 hrs.
Expecting Sweet Baby#3 in Early May
momma2Mimi07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #143
Wopnkrout
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2Mimi07
No minor children are allowed to visit in our hospital too so I was asking to be released within 24 hours of dd2 birth, I was home by 48 hrs.
ya ..... I saw my doc yesterday and she said 24 hours is the hospital policy and even if she released me.... They wouldn't release my baby so now I'm not sure what to do

Wopnkrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:39 AM   #144
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wopnkrout View Post
ya ..... I saw my doc yesterday and she said 24 hours is the hospital policy and even if she released me.... They wouldn't release my baby so now I'm not sure what to do

You know, now that we're talking about it, this seems wrong to me. They're our babies - why can they say what we can and can't do. Annoying.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #145
Helloloni
Registered Users
seller

Really, it's to protect the babies. Our children are more susceptible to the nasties of hospitals...and trust, hospitals are filled with bacteria and germs that could get our kids sick. it's a sad shame - my girl will be only 21 months when the new baby comes and she's never even been left with a baby sitter before. I can't imagine what it will be like for us when we have to go to the hospital to have this baby.
Helloloni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #146
Wopnkrout
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetMamaKaty

You know, now that we're talking about it, this seems wrong to me. They're our babies - why can they say what we can and can't do. Annoying.
Because you can check yourself out against medical advise but not someone else

Old 10-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #147
Wopnkrout
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helloloni
Really, it's to protect the babies. Our children are more susceptible to the nasties of hospitals...and trust, hospitals are filled with bacteria and germs that could get our kids sick. it's a sad shame - my girl will be only 21 months when the new baby comes and she's never even been left with a baby sitter before. I can't imagine what it will be like for us when we have to go to the hospital to have this baby.
I feel u ours has never been left with anyone other than myself or my husband ( and that has only been an hour) hubs and I are just praying for a drastic turn in ds needs.... Sleeping situation in the next 7 mo

Old 10-16-2013, 10:20 AM   #148
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

I should watch myself. DH saw me getting ready to watch a birth video of a home water birth and he put the brakes on big time. So I will definitely be heading to the hospital when it's time, and I should figure out how to make the best of it instead of getting all worked up about the things I don't like... But still
Old 10-16-2013, 02:18 PM   #149
takemetog
Registered Users

My Mood:

So why are no minors allowed in these hospitals? Our little hospital here is pretty conservative, but thankfully I was able to see DS1 after DS2 was cut out. I was in the hospital for days, I would have freaked out if I couldn't see DS1. Is this a new thing or have they always not allowed kids to visit their parents?
Old 10-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #150
Wopnkrout
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by takemetog
So why are no minors allowed in these hospitals? Our little hospital here is pretty conservative, but thankfully I was able to see DS1 after DS2 was cut out. I was in the hospital for days, I would have freaked out if I couldn't see DS1. Is this a new thing or have they always not allowed kids to visit their parents?
I was brushed off when I asked... Just told its hospital policy and that children could bring unintended germs ( good thing no one ever got sick from being in a hospital)